Homebrew Question Question about transferring account from banned switch to new switch

Asyc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heya,

i've recently got banned from using the eshop and other online nintendo services due to what is probably a log send to nintendo (mostly stuck to emulators). i was wondering if i can use my nintendo account on a new switch console without getting that console banned as well. i've already removed the old switch on my nintendo account via the website and i have factory resetted my console (while offline) so it will no longer contain the profile linked to my nintendo account. does anyone know if there is still a risk getting banned on the new switch. i plan to buy the nintendo let's go bundle but i gotta check to make sure if i can use my nintendo account on it (bought quite a lot of games on it).

Thanks

FrostFusionHero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
No, you definitively do not want to do that.
Nintendo is not only flagging your old Switch as banned, but also your Nintendo Account.
If you link your new Switch with your Nintendo Account, the chances are high, that your new Switch will also get banned.

So you better create a new Nintendo Account for your new Nintendo Switch.

Last edited by FrostFusionHero,

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, you definitively do not want to do that.
Nintendo is not only flagging your old Switch as banned, but also your Nintendo Account.
If you link your new Switch with your Nintendo Account, the chances are high, that your new Switch will also get banned.

So you better create a new Nintendo Account for your new Nintendo Switch.
And of he doesn’t care if the new switch gets banned. Why shouldn’t he do it then?

FrostFusionHero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
And of he doesn’t care if the new switch gets banned. Why shouldn’t he do it then?

As far as I understood from his text, I think he does not want to get his new Switch banned. See quote below:

i was wondering if i can use my nintendo account on a new switch console without getting that console banned as well.

But I guess he already got an answer. He asked the same question in the "Switch Noob Paradise" - Thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/page-333#post-8382909

And Draxzelex gave him already a good answer.. more or less the same as mine (but mine was more the "paranoid" answer ^^ )

Let me also quote his answer in here, just in case:

Since that account was linked to the banned console, Nintendo will most likely be keeping an eye out for it. As long as you don't hack the new console, you should be safe. But if you're 100% paranoid, you would not use that account on a fresh new system.

So as Draxzelex said, he can link it. However, Nintendo will keep an eye on his new Nintendo Switch I guess..
I know my answer was a little paranoid, but he should just keep in mind in case his new console gets also banned, so he would know why Nintendo might have decided to ban also his new console.

D

Deleted User

What about if i have an Account that was in a banned switch, but i'm using that account in a new switch with smash and afaik the switch is not banned... 2 weeks playing

FrostFusionHero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
What about if i have an Account that was in a banned switch, but i'm using that account in a new switch with smash and afaik the switch is not banned... 2 weeks playing

As long as you are not banned on your new Switch console, then you should be fine. I guess Nintendo is just keeping an eye on that account and you can continue playing smash online. So I think you don't have to worry about it.
Just enjoy playing smash :D

Edit:
If you still feel unsure, you can check out this thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/

Last edited by FrostFusionHero,
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/XUKccf6pR5U?si=uHgGiRU_4w_t0AXK