Hacking Question: Animal Crossing item transfer

teve24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got me a V1 Switch and modding it with Atmosphere. I pretty much want to transfer items from the hacked switch to a regular switch in the same house. I am reading about DNS and Incognito, does anyone have a step by step guide on how to do it? I have a physical and digital copy of the game also if that matters. Does both switches have to be on the same network and do local play or can they come online via DODO code? Thanks

LoseSilent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If all you want to do is move items over, Don't connect the switch with Atmosphere to the internet.

Have both consoles open the game and do local play. You don't need to be friends or anything, just need to be within ~2 meters

Edit: a little more information:

Just don't connect the switch with Atmosphere to wifi at all, you dont need it, nor do you want it. I'd use the physical game in this switch, start the game, play it until you can travel to a different island. After that You'll backup your save file with JKSV, then you'll find something to edit the save file ( I don't actually know how to do this, I'm not the one who plays ACNH). Make sure to keep a backup of it, just in case what you changed doesn't work.

Once you've edited the file you'll restore it in JKSV, if that works open the game again and make sure that works.

Then you'll use the digital copy on the real switch, start the game, both go to the airport and travel using local play. At no point do you need wifi with Atmosphere so dont worry about the DNS and all that. Just keep both switches within 2 meters of each other while travelling.

Last edited by LoseSilent,

teve24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for this info! This works for me. When you say "Don't connect the switch with Atmosphere to the internet." is that just for ACNH or Atmosphere itself? Also I haven't decided if I want to do it the JKSV way or ACNHPoker.

LoseSilent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you very much for this info! This works for me. When you say "Don't connect the switch with Atmosphere to the internet." is that just for ACNH or Atmosphere itself? Also I haven't decided if I want to do it the JKSV way or ACNHPoker.

Both. You've modded the switch and so it or any game you play on it should NEVER be connected to the internet. If you do the switch will be banned. You can try with the DNS stuff you've referenced above but you're still risking a ban. The only way to be 100% safe is to just not connect that modded switch or any of the games you're playing on it to the internet. This goes for save editing too, if you've edited a save file you don't want to play that game online.

If you want to connect the modded switch to the internet you'll restore to the backup you (hopefully) took before you booted into Atmosphere. This will remove the mod and any evidence so it looks "clean" again. If you didn't I've read you can rebuild the backup with your keys you get from lockpick AND biskeysdump.

As for JKSV or ACNHPoker, That's up to you, I know almost nothing about both. I moved one save file once with JKSV, that's all my experience here.

If all you're doing is editing the save file on modded switch to travel to original switch and droping items in ACNH you dont need wifi on either and should be safe. I've watched a modded switch without wifi local play with a switch lite on wifi without any issues several times.

edit: safe != save

Last edited by LoseSilent,

teve24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you again for the insight. Dumb question how do I update games if I can't connect to the internet?

LoseSilent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you again for the insight. Dumb question how do I update games if I can't connect to the internet?

You search for "$GAME update 1.9.0" in your favourite search engine and download it. It'll likely be an .NSP file. Updates are inclusive so you only need to install the latest.

You'll want to install that NSP file with GoldLeaf, which can be found on github. To use Goldleaf in Atmosphere you'll need "Patches" also found on github.

I'd be more specific but I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say or link. You'll have to find your way with that or hope someone who will say more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)