Hacking [Question] Bypass disc update or spoof 5.5.0 to 5.5.1

Migalis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As most of you know, twilight princess HD is released next week.
As much as i want to stay on 5.5.0, just to be sure i really want to play zelda.

I searched the internet on the firmware update/version of the game disc but couldn't find anything.
Maybe it will have 5.5.0 but i'm pretty sure it won't.

So the question is: is it possible to bypass the disc update or spoof my version.
Yes i searched the internet for that too, and i wasn't able to find anything about it.
So if a kernel exploit is required, i'm sorry, don't go hating, i just couldn't find anything about it.

justhed0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dunno about you you but I brought a console to play games I enjoy rather than wait it out for a working exploit which seems in the distant horizon.
I may moan if a exploit drops tomorrow but that's life.

D

Deleted User

5.5.0 and 5.5.1 practically have no difference. Just a tiny browser update and nothing else. the mp4 browser exploit is still working on 5.5.1 anyway, and the kexploits and IOSU exploits will also claim to work on 5.5.1 as well.

toastytwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd like to add a question:

Can i bypass the disc update (5.50 on Xenoblade for example) by spoofing to lastest FW?

I'm on 5.3.2 and the XBX discs are way cheaper than eShop version...

Brandts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Like Voxel Studios said, there are allmost no differences between 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 and it's safe to update.
It is also even possible that Twilight Princess has firmware 5.5.0 on the disc since 5.5.1 is relative new and there is allways some delay between a online update and the disc updates. So just buy the game and update if neccesary.

Reactions: Deleted User

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i used to be on 5.3.2 ! but i didnt care and kept updating thinking the exploit will take forever,

but it did come out eventually, but lookin at how it is functioning it is kind of "lame" if you ask me.

i read many have booting games issues, needing to try more than once to boot into a game and also no Online Gaming so imho. it is not worth it.

that IOSU thingie seems what is really interesting , many stating it will then be possible to make USB launcher and even Online Gaming etc. then thats what is cool imo. and probably more stable than what we have now i assume.

since the majority of the people say it is safe to update to 5.5.1 , i myself think that it is time to update mine as well.
im on 5.5.0 < and i havent played SSB since the DLC came out, and playing SSB on my 3ds feels lame , the WiiU version kills the 3DS version XD.
way more fun etc. have been holding on by playing MK8 , but i think i will just update and patiently wait for some IOSU to appear !

maybe by Ninty's next update, we could see the IOSU coming for fw 3.x all the way up to 5.5.1

Migalis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Most people are suggesting to stay on 5.5.0 but i think you guys are right. I'm thinking about updating to 5.5.1 as well to enjoy online gaming. Maybe i'll wait until the release of twilight princess HD to hear some news.

toastytwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, not answered my question:

Is it possible to avoid an on-disk-update with FW-spoofing?

BTW, i'm happy with the exploit as it is on 5.3.2, online gaming would be neat though! Lets hope hykem will resurface soon! ;)

Last edited by toastytwo,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, not answered my question:

Is it possible to avoid an on-disk-update with FW-spoofing?

BTW, i'm happy with the exploit as it is on 5.3.2, online gaming would be neat though! Lets hope hykem will resurface soon! ;)

You can bypass the on-disc update two ways
1. Use tubehax and other network related blocks to ensure that you don't go online.
When you launch the game it will say that you need to update. This doesn't necessarily mean that there is an "on-disc" update. This game has looked at your system firmware and determined that you are not on the correct version. It may or may not have the update on the disc itself. If it needs to go online it will fail just after "preparing update" and let you play the game anyway.

2. Firmware spoof up to 5.5.1.
This works to avoid any nagging about updates from game discs. (as of the time of this post)

You guys know that you don't have to update to get the latest disc games to work right? I play MK8 online all the time using a disc and 5.4u spoofed to 5.5.1. When Zelda Twilight Princess HD comes out I'll just buy the disc and play like normal. No need to update.

Last edited by Kafluke,
Reactions: Migalis

toastytwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
2. Firmware spoof up to 5.5.1.
This works to avoid any nagging about updates from game discs. (as of the time of this post)

THAT sounds great! So i can just pop in the Xenoblade disc and rely on the spoof, right?
AWESOME!
Thank you!

link270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.1 and I can play the disc version of Super Mario Maker just fine. Super Mario Maker comes with the 5.4 update on it so spoofer can get around it ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW +1