Homebrew [QUESTION] Help about manually NDS injection.

Loki_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys i'm in trouble to inject some nds roms. I'm following this tutorial. All seems work good, also intallation with wup installer. But when I try to make the game start i have this error

1. First of all you need to obtain the rom (.nds file) of the game you want to to inject (so Pokemon SoulSilver EU in my case).
2. Then you need a base game to inject this rom into, (a legit VC title). Use the list to know which game works with what. (so i use Yoshi's Island DS EU for SoulSilver EU)
3. Download this game using Wii U USB Helper
4. Now you need to get the base files from this game, I suggest using cdecrypt which is included with JNUSTool.

Rename the folder from 'Yoshi’s Island DS [TITLEID]' to 'tmp_TITLEID'.
Then make sure that folder is in the same directory as JNUSTool.
Then open a command prompt from that folder (hold shift then right click, 'open command window here')
Then pump in the following:

java -jar JNUSTool.jar TITLEID

(replace TITLEID with the same ID as before)
5. Use Virtual Console Creator to inject the rom into the base game
6. Edit the meta.xml and change the longname and shortname to the name of the game (so Pokemon SoulSilver in my case)
7. Change the title ID: 00050000XXXXXXXX replace the X's with whatever but make sure it doesn't conflict with something you already have installed. (reading various threads i know that for new titleID numbers need to be from 0-9 and letters from A-F. Last two numbers need to be 00, I used this one 0005000010276D00)
8. Edit the app.xml in the code folder to have the same Title ID you chose
9. Create the custom images following these rules
iconTex.tga must be 128x128 pixels, 32-bit, no RLE compression
bootTvTex.tga must be 986x504 pixels, 24-bit, no RLE compression
bootDrcTex.tga must be 854x480 pixels, 24-bit, no RLE compression

Then use TGAVerify to make sure your images are correct. (I simply used png2tga to convert png images i did)

Replaced images into meta folder of injected Pokemon SoulSilver game.

Finally, repack with NUSPacker and you can then install it using WUP Installer.

ANyone know how could i fix that? I tryed to launch the game after mocha and region free patch.

Last edited by Loki_,

Loki_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PLease, anyone could explain me how to do this inject correctly? Here or via pm, i just only want to learn how to do this for inject my nds roms. I know there il VC Ultimate injector, but there's no Yoshi's Island DS support as base game, so for Pokemon SS is not the best option I think.

Last edited by Loki_,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh