Hacking [Question] How do I install firmware on a new HDD?

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Helloooo guys!
First of all, I'm really sorry for this post, if this question has been answered before.

But I've been looking, searching and I just can't get an answer (not all true) on how to install a new firmware on my new HDD.
I also bought my PS4 slim, 2 days ago, so I don't have anything to backup.
Some people have been kindly to answer some of my questions, but the more I read and look on YouTube, the more I can see that many is doing it differently, I'm getting really confused even though it might be SUPER EASY...:creep:

Sooo how can I install a new firmware on my new HDD to then be able to jailbreak it?

These are the steps I'm going to do, after some of your help I've been getting in this forum (thank you btw), but i don't know if it's all correct or if I'm missing any important steps. I just don't want to accidentally upgrade my PS4 above 5.05 :(

1. Take out the "old" HDD and replace it with the new bought one (duuuh), and don't boot up the PS4.
2. Download Recovery firmware PUP 5.05 from this website: https://darthsternie.bplaced.net/ps4.html
(Or should I download if from somewhere else?)
3. Put the file in a USB. Create two new folders called PS4 and UPDATE and put the file in there. So in this case USB>PS4>UPDATE and put the file here. And also make sure the PUP file is called "PS4UPDATE.PUP
4. Hold the power button for approximately 2-3 seconds until you hear 2-3 beeps, and let go, to enter "Safe Mode".
5. Choose option 7 - "Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)... Or is it option 3 - "Update System Software"?
This is the part I get stuck.
6. Wait, done and then jailbreak it?

7 extra question. Also when I replace and insert the HDD should I boot it up the first time? Or should I not do that and just go to step 4 directly? (after doing all those other steps before).

Thank you in advance! :wub:

Last edited by Naxster,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Steps are in this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-ps4-exploit-guide.497858/

Follow the upgrade hdd steps, then start up top for the running hen steps.

Doesnt matter if you boot it up inbetween, it will prompt you to format the hdd (4), but there is no need to if your installing from safe mode

Last edited by KiiWii,

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Steps are in this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-ps4-exploit-guide.497858/

Follow the upgrade hdd steps, then start up top for the running hen steps.

Doesnt matter if you boot it up inbetween, it will prompt you to format the hdd (4), but there is no need to if your installing from safe mode

Wait, so all I have to do is to download that file (put it in USB etc) and just boot the PS4 normally with the new HDD inside? Is it that easy?:huh::creep::creep:

Or should I, just in case, boot it to safe mode? I'm afraid that it somehow automatically updates above 5.05 if I don't use the safe mode thingy :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    +1
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about... +1