Hacking [Question] Lost A9LH, how backup saves?

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
slot1 is n3ds
slot3 is o3ds
Thanks man! it works now ^^ really appreciate that you took the time to help me.
Ofcourse the rest of the people too who came with ideas to help :)

UPDATE: Another problem came up which is probably not fixable :/
I can use save data tools, but they can't access the CFW installed games :/
I don't know how the homebrew launcher knows which games are installed, but imagine if I can change that in a file somewhere. That I could add the title id of the CFW games which were installed. Maybe then I could access the save data again. Only question, how can I let the homebrew launcher know that there is more save data?

Last edited by pikpol,

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks man! it works now ^^ really appreciate that you took the time to help me.
Ofcourse the rest of the people too who came with ideas to help :)

UPDATE: Another problem came up which is probably not fixable :/
I can use save data tools, but they can't access the CFW installed games :/
I don't know how the homebrew launcher knows which games are installed, but imagine if I can change that in a file somewhere. That I could add the title id of the CFW games which were installed. Maybe then I could access the save data again. Only question, how can I let the homebrew launcher know that there is more save data?
if the games were removed because you accessed eshop without cfw,
you games and save data etc are most likely still on the SD card, just no ticket for them to show as installed items,you may need to backup the SD card wait until you have cfw installed, then try again and see if the save data is still there,
other than that, not much more you can do about it.

Reactions: Quantumcat

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if the games were removed because you accessed eshop without cfw,
you games and save data etc are most likely still on the SD card, just no ticket for them to show as installed items,you may need to backup the SD card wait until you have cfw installed, then try again and see if the save data is still there,
other than that, not much more you can do about it.
Yess, I thought that would work for some games. But like pokemon moon, that one is stored inside the installed game right? So for that one to work again would be to obtain CFW and ...(re-install the ticket?)

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you update it's alright, don't worry.

And yes, reinstalling the tickets as said after hacking it again will let you access them without reinstalling fully, and mantaining your saves.
it should be the same as it is now
Okay so I have kirby triple deluxe, in the eshop it says I downloaded it, but when I hover over it in the Home Menu, the banner will not show(which usually means it won't work)
So there is an option to repair the software on the game's eshop page. This will delete my save game right? Or is it not known yet what this funtion really does with the game?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay so I have kirby triple deluxe, in the eshop it says I downloaded it, but when I hover over it in the Home Menu, the banner will not show(which usually means it won't work)
So there is an option to repair the software on the game's eshop page. This will delete my save game right? Or is it not known yet what this funtion really does with the game?
I'm not sure what that function does. But I'm sure that if it's a game you didn't actually buy, you can do nothing without a CFW. Using the repair function won't help. Not sure if it'll erase your save or something.

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not sure what that function does. But I'm sure that if it's a game you didn't actually buy, you can do nothing without a CFW. Using the repair function won't help. Not sure if it'll erase your save or something.
No I have that game legit :)

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, then it should fix the ticket so you can access it.
Hmm, got an error code. It was planning to download only 8 blocks. It doesn't delete save data.
The error code is 007-6106.

Also in the theme shop I get the error code 009-4900. Some people said that a solution is to format the sd card and then copy back the contents of the sd? Though of course I'm scared this way the CFW games get deleted.
I already tried to delete the themes folder in the /Nintendo3DS/extdata/ folder

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm, got an error code. It was planning to download only 8 blocks. It doesn't delete save data.
The error code is 007-6106.

Also in the theme shop I get the error code 009-4900. Some people said that a solution is to format the sd card and then copy back the contents of the sd? Though of course I'm scared this way the CFW games get deleted.
I already tried to delete the themes folder in the /Nintendo3DS/extdata/ folder

that will be your only solution

copy all the files off your SD card,
format your system memory, then restore the contents

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb9aRPpmidM