Hacking [Question] Lost A9LH, how backup saves?

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heey guys,

I hope some of you can help me with a little problem I have with my original 3DS.
I want to play some games again. I had A9LH installed, but lost it because of Gateway(Please ignore this fact)
I thought, when I install A9LH again, I would just re-install some games I had and copy back the SD card contents(I have those backed up already.
But now I want to use it again without losing much of the CFW stuff. How do I do this?
I want to go to the eshop and download stuff again, without the 3DS removing all the games I installed with CFW.
Thank you in advance!

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Heey guys,

I hope some of you can help me with a little problem I have with my original 3DS.
I want to play some games again. I had A9LH installed, but lost it because of Gateway(Please ignore this fact)
I thought, when I install A9LH again, I would just re-install some games I had and copy back the SD card contents(I have those backed up already.
But now I want to use it again without losing much of the CFW stuff. How do I do this?
I want to go to the eshop and download stuff again, without the 3DS removing all the games I installed with CFW.
Thank you in advance!
You can use JKSM (JKs Save Manager) to save game saves and reinsert them later. But first, I suggest upgrading to B9S and updating to latest FW: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok then. What FW are you on? If 11.4 - 11.6, buy this flashcard and reinstall CFW on your system. That is the easiest way.
I don't want to buy any card :/ I have an EZ Flash Vi which is definitely flashable. It is just not supported I think. And otherwise I'd like to wait for any new exploit if there comes one ever. I don't think I can use JKSM in userland right?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I don't want to buy any card :/ I have an EZ Flash Vi which is definitely flashable. It is just not supported I think. And otherwise I'd like to wait for any new exploit if there comes one ever. I don't think I can use JKSM in userland right?
Any new exploit might never come, because everyone is interested in NTRBootHax. EZ Flash IV is not currently supported and might never be.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have homebrew you can use jksm
but remind me again what do you want to use it for exactly?
the eshop only removes unauthorized dlc not entire apps/games

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No you cant use JKSM in with userland exploit.
this is incorrect

Reactions: Quantumcat

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you have homebrew you can use jksm
but remind me again what do you want to use it for exactly?
the eshop only removes unauthorized dlc not entire apps/games

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this is incorrect
Okay so I have flipnote studio 3d. There is a userland exploit for this, if I could backup my saves for Prof Layton and Pokemon Moon I would be very happy.
I basically just want to backup my saves so I don't lose the progress I made. Then when I find someone with a compatible flashcart or one of my own get supported, then I could set those save backups back :)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have flipnote studio 3d. There is a userland exploit for this, if I could backup my saves for Prof Layton and Pokemon Moon I would be very happy.
I basically just want to backup my saves so I don't lose the progress I made. Then when I find someone with a compatible flashcart or one of my own get supported, then I could set those save backups back :)
ok . . . what fw do you have ?

"notehax From 9.9.0-X up to and including 11.5.0-X. A digital copy of Flipnote Studio 3D on ver 1.3.1 (JPN) and ver 1.0.0 for EUR/USA (not the latest)"

taken from Homebrew Exploits - 3dbrew

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have 11.3 if I'm correct. Don't know which flipnote version, gonna check now

Turns out I have version 11.4 euro
Can't find a version in flipnote app, so I suppose i have version 1.0

Last edited by pikpol,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Zelda, pokemon oras, I have smash, thats all
Buy a compatible R4i Gold flashcart (around $20), install CFW, then sell these games. At the end you'll have an extra $40-$50 than what you started with. Your life will be a thousand times easier if you have CFW.

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, so indeed oot3dhax should work on my o3ds. One problem though, can't get the sploit installer for oot3dhax to work on my hacked 3ds xl
It says: looks like something went wrong. Failed to select the exploit. Error code: 00000002. The title this sploit_installer is running under is not supported.

Any ideas?
I did update the homebrew starter kit, just to be sure I had the latest version. I run rosalina on the 3ds xl

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so indeed oot3dhax should work on my o3ds. One problem though, can't get the sploit installer for oot3dhax to work on my hacked 3ds xl
It says: looks like something went wrong. Failed to select the exploit. Error code: 00000002. The title this sploit_installer is running under is not supported.

Any ideas?
I did update the homebrew starter kit, just to be sure I had the latest version. I run rosalina on the 3ds xl
than can't you install the cia version of jksm.
if not, you can replace your boot.firm with this one which has the ability to install cias
https://gbatemp.net/threads/luma3ds...and-file-explorer-right-from-rosalina.485142/

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol