Homebrew Question on executing CTR commands using web exploit

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you need someone to test this, I am willing to help! I find your work to be great!
Just be sure to include a readme file to explain how to use it!

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm nearly finished with my 3DS exploit, but there are a few things I'd like to know before I start making the homebrew launcher and PC client.

Firstly, is it possible to use the normal CTR commands while the 3DS is running a launcher from the web exploit? I'm assuming not, so would it be possible to launch another launcher or code.bin that gives the system the bare minimum to execute commands and mount/write to the sd card? I don't want to make a CFW...yet.

Second, does gateway's exploit run on process9, ARM9, or privileged ARM11? Does it even matter if I'm going to use the exploit to run an application that loads .3DS and .DAT files that will not require special permissions, just read, write, and execute access to the SD card?

I'm multitasking so hard right now that I can't really think of anything else if there is anything, this information is all I need to finish the puzzle, and I'll have a homebrew/ROM loader and legal CIA installer by the end of next week.

Thanks.

And no shitposting this time, please. Let's all act like adults.

Please don't take this as an insult. I am a big proponent of learning and I really encourage people trying new things and figuring them out. I didn't know anything about 3DS a couple of weeks ago and spent most of my time learning and documenting what I learned... That being said, you really shouldn't keep making new threads talking about what you're doing and what you want to do when you don't (yet) have the technical skills to achieve it. I understand it's exciting and you want to talk with other developers, but there's better ways of doing that: asking questions in other threads, reading 3dbrew, asking questions on #3dsdev when you can't find what you want on 3dbrew (which is a rare occurrence, so keep that in mind). When you make posts talking about making launchers and CFWs and loaders and etc when it's clear from the posts that you have fundemental misunderstandings of how the 3DS (and sometimes systems in general) works, it both opens you up to attack from inpatient users and makes devs more skeptical and less willing to help you (they see you are wanting attention more than wanting to learn). Perhaps it's good to take a step back from 3DS and learn a bit more about ARM systems in general? About operating systems and how their implemented? wiki.osdev.org is a good resource for that.

D

Deleted User

Not another one. OP guy is a troll, does not know anything about programming or 3ds, and is not going to do anything useful ever.

Just close the thread

So basically what yifan_lu said, but mine is less as nice.
This is not trolling, this is telling truth as it is.

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part of why I made this thread was to ask for information. I can build homebrew, just not straight from assembly. I WILL come out with something, it's just not going to happen immediately. Also, I now have a working method of creating any homebrew launcher using gateway's exploit, but it's not automatic. I just have to figure out something for the memory limits, and I'll make a public launcher.

I've learned a lot while getting to this point, and I'm about to learn so much more. The key for the end user and other devs is to be patient and have faith, and you won't even need faith after I've created the first demo for my launcher, which will not take long at all. The only thing getting in my way right now is my job, but sleepless nights are being spent learning all of this.

Of course, I'd appreciate help from people who know C or C++ well, since my first language is C#, and the syntax is a bit different. I can still develop homebrew in C, I'm just very slow compared to if I were doing it in C#.

Yifan, I don't take any insult from what you've said. Under normal circumstances, I'd start with learning about assembly, but everything is out there and functional enough for me to develop this with little knowledge on it.

So no, I am not trolling, and I'm not some kid who thinks they can develop. I am not saying all of this to give people false hope, I will follow through. All information and resources are available to me, and all I need to do is implement it.

Now give me time and trust. It'll be ready in under under a month from when I started, like I said before, and with my new method of homebrew on ARM9, I'm making progress faster than expected.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
i don't know arm in special since i used to program for micro-controllers, but i do understand most of the assambly part, most of it is moving memmory, i geuss for the system to send code that should only run in arm9 when it is not checked for being legit (the way i see it there is arm11 full controll and there is shared ram for the arm9, the shared ram can be pushed to private space, but only modified by arm11, i geass for there's no full control over arm9).

Deleted member 313057

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
commentblock.com
XP
Country
United States
I believe the OP that closed your last thread specifically said that you shouldn't create a fresh thread until you've made real progress.

Therefore, saying things like this:
I'm nearly finished with my 3DS exploit, but there are a few things I'd like to know before I start making the homebrew launcher and PC client.
And this:
I'm multitasking so hard right now that I can't really think of anything else if there is anything, this information is all I need to finish the puzzle, and I'll have a homebrew/ROM loader and legal CIA installer by the end of next week.

Thanks.

And no shitposting this time, please. Let's all act like adults.
Will only cause people to get hyped / shitpost. Instead, be mature and work on this project secretly; log into #3dsdev on IRC if you have questions.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I believe the OP that closed your last thread specifically said that you shouldn't create a fresh thread until you've made real progress.

And this:

Will only cause people to get hyped / shitpost. Instead, be mature and work on this project secretly; log into #3dsdev on IRC if you have questions.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

And this:

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Part of why I made this thread was to ask for information. I can build homebrew, just not straight from assembly. I WILL come out with something, it's just not going to happen immediately. Also, I now have a working method of creating any homebrew launcher using gateway's exploit, but it's not automatic. I just have to figure out something for the memory limits, and I'll make a public launcher.

I've learned a lot while getting to this point, and I'm about to learn so much more. The key for the end user and other devs is to be patient and have faith, and you won't even need faith after I've created the first demo for my launcher, which will not take long at all. The only thing getting in my way right now is my job, but sleepless nights are being spent learning all of this.

Of course, I'd appreciate help from people who know C or C++ well, since my first language is C#, and the syntax is a bit different. I can still develop homebrew in C, I'm just very slow compared to if I were doing it in C#.

Yifan, I don't take any insult from what you've said. Under normal circumstances, I'd start with learning about assembly, but everything is out there and functional enough for me to develop this with little knowledge on it.

So no, I am not trolling, and I'm not some kid who thinks they can develop. I am not saying all of this to give people false hope, I will follow through. All information and resources are available to me, and all I need to do is implement it.

Now give me time and trust. It'll be ready in under under a month from when I started, like I said before, and with my new method of homebrew on ARM9, I'm making progress faster than expected.

Have you seen this? https://github.com/smealum/ninjhax

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Yes but the mod only meant to not make a new similar thread. This is just one where he's asking questions. Other people coming into this thread just to complain for absolutely no reason is just silly. What does it benefit the scene AT FUCKING ALL for people to come in and tell a guy he is a troll and doesn't know what he's doing? If you don't believe he can do it, then just ignore it, don't be immature dicks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F