[Question] True fan. What is and how can I show my love for something?

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello fellow tempers!
I was feeling a little down so I decided to open this thread to discuss about this.

I'm the kind of person who NEEDS to demonstrate love for something, and failing to do so makes me feel bad and depressed.

So I would like to know what being a true fan means, and how to be one. Do I need to own all merch? Do I need to socialize with other fans even though I'm not a social kind of person? Do I need to know everything about the subject? Or do I just need to keep loving something from the bottom of my heart, and make it part of my every day life? The last one is what every fan do, including myself, but is that enough to be a true fan?

Thanks for your time.

"You humans, so emotional."

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
In my opinion, being a true fan is devotion to something/someone.

You love them? Awesome. You can tell about them, or not. If you want to tell your friends, family, coworkers that you are interested in something/someone, just do it! A passion is definitely a great topic starter :)
If you live for your passion, with such passion, you are a true fan, and this is awesome :)

Let your fun going, and tell the world, if you feel like it! You might get noticed by other fans as well. This will give you new friends too :)

Reactions: Ryuzaki_MrL

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you consider yourself a true fan and have you consumed some piece of merchandise/media/whatever from someone that officially can produce such things.

Congratulations, you find yourself a true fan of something. It is a meaningless distinction much like gamer.

Personally I would suggest you get over having others want to see you be something. Such people are rarely pleasant to interact with. If that is too much then on "Do I need to know everything about the subject?" please never be the kind of person that would try to administer a quiz on this sort of thing and try not to interact with such people; the world certainly does not need any more of those people.

Reactions: Ryuzaki_MrL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan