Hacking [Question] Wii-U NAND/RedNAND and hardmods

happydance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't fully indulged myself on using RedNAND and recent hacks but I've got a few questions to before proceeding

1. Is there a software method now to dump the wii-u nand? I know we can dump/create a rednand but unsure if it's similar to the 3ds that can be sometimes used as a nand backup.
2. Is the wii-u redNAND same or can be used as a nand backup to recover from a brick?
3. aside from a NAND backup/rednand, OTP and a teensy 2.0 anything else do I need for a guarantee brick recovery or a downgrade if a accidental update happened?

I still got my teensy I've used on my NAND ps3 a few years ago, just making sure I got everything covered.

sorry for the bad English, it's not my native language.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. FSDumper. This might not exactly fit your needs though.
2. I'm not certain on this one, but I believe it's possible. Definitely get a second opinion on this.
3. Nope, you should be fine with those tools. However, you should note that downgrading isn't actually possible. Certain update data is stored on the SEEPROM that I don't believe people have come up with hardmodding techniques for, and your console will brick if the update data on the SEEPROM doesn't match the update data on the NAND.

Last edited by Irastris,

happydance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ah thanks for the info, never thought downgrading was not possible, so it's kindda like on xbox 360 that has effuses and must have the same LDV value if you only got a backup with no cpu keys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2