GCN Questions about Swiss CFW

ignare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone who knows much about Gamecube CFW, I'm just wondering... If you have an SDgecko and Swiss running, I have a few questions:

1. Do you still need a normal gamecube memory card to save games (when running backups)?
  2. Can it load gameboy player even if you only have the hardware part (without the gameboy player boot disc)?
  3. I was told that you need an original non HC SD card to boot CFW, but can you switch the SD later and store your games on a different SD?

Thanks

Last edited by ignare,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. Yes

2. Yes (using a backup ISO or homebrew called GBI)

3. The only thing that requires non-HC is the SD Media Launcher disc. Swiss has no such limitation.

Last edited by subcon959,
Reactions: ignare

ignare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes

2. Yes (using a backup ISO or homebrew called GBI)

3. The only thing that requires non-HC is the SD Media Launcher disc. Swiss has no such limitation.
Thanks blackie bruh

Curious as to why, with Dolphin available.
How could you not understand? The beauty and nostalgia of the gamecube, and being able to link up with real GBA.

Last edited by ignare,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dolphin is emulation software.

Using original real hardware is a different world.

You'll get it some day.

Gee. You are MASTER of the obvious. I would have never thought that emulation vs hardware is different. But it still plays the same games so there's that. Take your attitude elsewhere, there's nothing I need to "get". Thanks. Bye.

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

If you have a hacked wii or access to a hacked wii with gamecube backwards compatibility, I'd recommend looking for one of the save hacks that let you boot swiss with a normal game on your gamecube. Cheapest possible way to do it besides maybe a cheap xenogc or something. More info here https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=39&sid=288354431b1c79e15408de1f98fe36d9

Do you know if using a Wii HDMI adapter gives the same picture quality as a Component Cable?

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if using a Wii HDMI adapter gives the same picture quality as a Component Cable?
I personally use an official wii component cable, I've never used the gamecube one but the wii looks just fine to me. I dont really nitpick about visuals though, I've heard that the gamecube looks a bit different.

Reactions: Deleted User

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a mid/high range PC for that and some of us just prefer to use the actual consoles, even though the video/graphics are lower.

I don't know, not so much for just GC. All I have here is an i5 7400, 16gb ram, and a GTX 1060 3GB. And Dolphin runs GC @ 1080p, 60fps, v-sync "on", just fine. I do keep the anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering settings pretty tame, but I don't see a lot of benefit to maxing them out anyway so no loss there.

Maybe you see those PC specs as mid/high range, but I sure don't.

Reactions: Deleted User

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, not so much for just GC. All I have here is an i5 7400, 16gb ram, and a GTX 1060 3GB. And Dolphin runs GC @ 1080p, 60fps, v-sync "on", just fine. I do keep the anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering settings pretty tame, but I don't see a lot of benefit to maxing them out anyway so no loss there.

Maybe you see those PC specs as mid/high range, but I sure don't.
My dell precision can run wii games with an xeon from like 2009-11, some random 1 or 2 GB radeon HD gfx card and 12GB of ram

Reactions: Hanafuda

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've owned both iPhone and Androids over the years. Both are just as good, other than Apples higher price. I'm currently on Android, Samsung S21 I think, and very happy with it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I've owned both iPhone and Androids over the years. Both are just as good, other than Apples...