Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ujO.png

Ever since I heard that the PSX was technically capable of playing movies through "Video CD" I have been looking for the device that would allow me to do just that. Today I was lucky enough to find one on ebay for a surprisingly decent price. I have a couple questions for anyone who either has this add-on or has knowledge about it.

1. I've heard that the Gamar Movie Card kills the laser in the PS1. Is this true? Is there any way to prevent it?

2. How many minutes can you fit on a Video CD (30, 45 Minutes?)

Also if there is any additional information I should know feel free to let me know.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1. I've heard that the Gamar Movie Card kills the laser in the PS1. Is this true? Is there any way to prevent it?
Not any more than reading other CD-Rs (and both aftermarket optical drives - of varying quality - and commercial stamped video CDs exist :))

2. How many minutes can you fit on a Video CD (30, 45 Minutes?)
Approximately the same length of audio the disc is capable of, if it was a standard audio CD (sounds crazy? well, it's uncompressed WAV versus vhs-like-resolution MPEG-1 with MP2 audio)

Reactions: wiired24

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fucking old lady next door My microwaves broke! All it was was the clock not set right