XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Even if gx doesn't work well in neek, which it may, post loader and joyflow are optimized for neek

And there won't be much to worry about in the future if u softmod. Once set up nothing should break, and you'll only need further updates to take advantage of new features. And modmii makes updates super easy anyway, not to mention apps like gx have an update feature built in too. I'm not going to argue the point anymore but I think you are making more work for yourself by trying to avoid a simple one-off process that takes maybe an hour or 2 to do. Already you've probably invested more time than that trying to pursue an unnecessary route

Reactions: CoolMe

u2227

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi!
I am new here. I want to translate the old game Muramasa Demon Blade to my language so my kids kan play it in emulator. I was only able to unpack the ISO file. Any idea what to do next?
I am on linux and we are playing the game using Dolphin Emulator. The game is in the ISO format.
I have tried the `wdf` tool, but it does not make sense. Any idea where I can find dialogue in the game? How to unpack/repack?
I searched google, github and even asked ChatGPT, please shed some light for me here.

Here are some files found inside the ISO.

$ cat align-files.txt 0x40 = files/*.bnr 0x4 = files/AREA/*.abf 0x4 = files/AREA/*.esb 0x4 = files/AREA/*.wbf 0x4 = files/DRM_chara/*.ftx 0x4 = files/DRM_chara/*.mbs 0x4 = files/GUI/*.ftx 0x4 = files/GUI/*.mbs 0x4 = files/NPC_chara/*.ftx 0x4 = files/NPC_chara/*.mbs 0x4 = files/_US/GUI/*.ftx 0x4 = files/_US/GUI/*.mbs 0x4 = files/_US/area/*.esb 0x4 = files/_US/chara/*.ftx 0x8 = files/_US/chara/*.mbs 0x4 = files/_US/msgsheet/*.nms 0x4 = files/_US/other/*.ftx 0x4 = files/_US/other/*.otb 0x4 = files/_US/script/*.nsb 0x4 = files/bg/*.ftx 0x4 = files/bg/*.mbs 0x4 = files/chara/*.ftx 0x4 = files/chara/*.mbs 0x4 = files/hbm/HomeButton2/*.arc 0x4 = files/hbm/HomeButton2/*.csv 0x4 = files/hbm/HomeButton2/*.tpl 0x8 = files/hbm/HomeButton2/*.txt 0x4 = files/hbm/HomeButton3/*.arc 0x4 = files/hbm/HomeButton3/*.csv 0x4 = files/hbm/HomeButton3/*.tpl 0x4 = files/hbm/HomeButton3/*.txt 0x4 = files/msgsheet/*.nms 0x8 = files/other/*.VSD 0x4 = files/other/*.ftx 0x8 = files/other/*.otb 0x4 = files/other/*.tpl 0x4 = files/script/*.nsb 0x8 = files/snd/*.brsar 0x8 = files/snd/*.nsi 0x8 = files/snd/stream/*.brstm 0x4 = files/viewer/*.txt

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am on linux and we are playing the game using Dolphin Emulator. The game is in the ISO format.
If you play the game in Retroarch, you can use the included auto-translation feature, which is probably orders of magnitude easier than whatever you're thinking.

If no one has worked on translating the game before (and Google should help you figure out if that is the case), then trying to reverse-engineer its data format with no prior experience is going to be enormously difficult.

(What language do you want to translate it into, anyway? Wasn't this game already released in a bunch of different languages?)

u2227

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
If you play the game in Retroarch, you can use the included auto-translation feature, which is probably orders of magnitude easier than whatever you're thinking.

If no one has worked on translating the game before (and Google should help you figure out if that is the case), then trying to reverse-engineer its data format with no prior experience is going to be enormously difficult.

(What language do you want to translate it into, anyway? Wasn't this game already released in a bunch of different languages?)
The point is that I want to translate, even if there already is a translation. Just for fun.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The point is that I want to translate, even if there already is a translation. Just for fun.
If poking around blindly in a bunch of files trying to find the script on your own isn't already your idea of "fun", then you are not going to find this to be "fun".

Reactions: XFlak

cia-installer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know how to hack the wii if I got a memory bank (idk how they’re called) with all the files there? is it enough by just plugging it In?

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know how to hack the wii
You can either use ModMii to mod your Wii, or follow the wii.guide page here. Either method is fine.
if I got a memory bank (idk how they’re called) with all the files there? is it enough by just plugging it In?
You mean if whether you'd need a usb flash drive or an sd card to mod the Wii? Yes, you atleast an sd card to mod it. A usb flash drive (or external hdd) for later to load your Wii/GC games in, but it's optional.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You can fully mod your wii with just an SD, if u only have a usb you can do most things except install bootmii and make a nand backup. If you're missing both, you can still do most things except the aforementioned plus installing large wads (I. E. You can't install system menu wads). However if u don't have a usb or sd then you will need wifi on your wii and a PC, Modmii can help with this

cia-installer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the wii.guide and it went well, the only thing I notice now it’s that the console is making a weird noise now, like a squeaking lol, is it normal tho

Dogson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've been at this all day, I have softmodded one of my personal Wii's some time ago without issues. But this other one for a friend is a nightmare.

USBLoaderGX keeps skipping USB initialization (no message about USB devices on boot), it just wants to load the SD.
So I go into settings, harddrive settings, turn SD Card Mode = OFF, and only then does it see my USB with games.
But a powercycle and it won't even try loading the USB device at all, no usual "waiting for HDD" error or anything like I'm used to. Just SD.

I've copied the USBLoaderGX config from the working Wii SD to this one, I've tried using the same USB drive on both Wii's. Nothing, only way it works is if I go to turn SD Card Mode OFF and let it load back to the USBLoaderGX menu every time.

Is there a way to make SD Card Mode OFF permanent here? It always reverts back to SD card mode, despite the USB drive working and initializing fine whenever I manually do so with the OFF setting. SD card isn't write locked either any other config setting I do saves.
I tried setting loader IOS as 58 once, it says "patching IOS58" and all, but no "initializing USB" message at all, it just doesn't even try do so.

Appreciate any help!

Dogson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That's weird, 'cause it should save your settings. One thing you can try is to delete the existing usbloadergx folder in your sdcard, and replace it with the latest version from here. Or try with Wiiflow Lite.
It's absurd, I got 1281 from the git already too, my own Wii isn't doing this.
I know for a fact now that it's the Wii itself, I put in the exact same SD+USB from my own Wii into this one, does the same thing, but on my Wii USBLoaderGX looks at the USB device and initializes it no problem.
So is there some IOS thing that's the issue here? Completely baffled, I've softmodded Wii's in the past and never encountered anything like this.

Appreciate the reply so much!

Dogson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don't think it's an ios (or cios) issue, but you could post a syscheck here for us to look at. Probably won't help with your problem though.
(Syscheck I just made on my friends Wii, it has proper Bootmii as well)

(Personal Wii that works perfectly)

Same exact SD+USB, plugged onto this other Wii it doesn't work, but when they're plugged back into my Wii it works. USB is detected and the games load everything like expected.

It's not a connectivity issue as the USB drive works as long as I do settings>SD card mode = OFF on the other Wii, it's just that I have to do so every single time in order to get the USBloader to bother reading the device on power on.
Repeating myself I know, but it's such a whack issue that makes no sense, so I'm trying to be clear. Not related to USBLoaderGX, configs or anything on the storage storage devices or the connections with the Wii.

It's something with that particular Wii itself. IOS stuff goes over my head, I just used the Modmii like usual and it generated all I suppsedly needed for that Wii, region etc all carefully selected correctly.
I did replace the clock battery on that Wii, maybe that's the issue. I have no idea anymore.
Hopefully an answer can be found, seems like a unique problem.

PezBlast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like some help, I cannot get Red Steel 2 to work with USBloader GX, it gives me a black screen everytime

I am using a PNY 128GB USB 3.0 with Wii model RVL-001 and USBLoader GX v3.0 Rev 1281 (e25c4e9)
I installed cIOS d2x-v11--beta1 version 65525 (248 - base 38, 249 - base 56, 250 - base 57, 251 - base 58)

I have watched the motionplus video multiple times, i did the alternate dol method and set it to player.dol to load into the motionplus video (red Steel 2 gives me black screen still, wii sports resort and skyward sword sent me to the video)
Wii Sports resort works perfectly, skyward sword works but the cursor is slower and not as accurate as with everything else and there is weird letterboxing on the top and bottom.

I changed the game IOS to load from slot 248, 249, 250 and 251 to check each one, still black screen. emuNAND save mode is turned off, i turned "block ios reload" on and off and tried it, still black screen

any help is greatly appreciated
Post automatically merged:

I would like some help, I cannot get Red Steel 2 to work with USBloader GX, it gives me a black screen everytime

I am using a PNY 128GB USB 3.0 with Wii model RVL-001 and USBLoader GX v3.0 Rev 1281 (e25c4e9)
I installed cIOS d2x-v11--beta1 version 65525 (248 - base 38, 249 - base 56, 250 - base 57, 251 - base 58)

I have watched the motionplus video multiple times, i did the alternate dol method and set it to player.dol to load into the motionplus video (red Steel 2 gives me black screen still, wii sports resort and skyward sword sent me to the video)
Wii Sports resort works perfectly, skyward sword works but the cursor is slower and not as accurate as with everything else and there is weird letterboxing on the top and bottom.

I changed the game IOS to load from slot 248, 249, 250 and 251 to check each one, still black screen. emuNAND save mode is turned off, i turned "block ios reload" on and off and tried it, still black screen

any help is greatly appreciated
Also using a NTSC-U wii and game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye