• Likes 6

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
person66 said:
Wizzerzak said:
I've got this game which keeps freezing but i think it's the game's fault, so i downloaded it again from a different site. But i had already started the game, so how do i transfer over the save file?
Save files are stored in the wii's memory, not in the game. Just start up the new copy and your save files will be there

oh yh, obviously, duh why didn't i think of that... now i feel stupid
dry.gif

Frenchies

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
You should be able to use flash drives (I also needed to use one a while ago and it worked fine) You should make sure that the device is in port 0 (the port more outside) you also could try wiiflow or configurable usb loader to check if the device is compatible. Which cIOS do you have installed?

I believe that I installed cIOS38r17.

(Sorry for the eight-day-late reply.)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Frenchies said:
I believe that I installed cIOS38r17.

(Sorry for the eight-day-late reply.)
The cIOS is fine, then you should try configurable usb loader or wiiflow. If it's also not detected then it's incompatible.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
SuperMarioMaster91 said:
Hey, in the Configurable USB Loader, is there any way to move the games in any order that you choose? I like to keep them in ABC order, and I know how to do that, but Twilight Princess is going in the "L" games. Is there any way I can move it next to the "T" games since it is called, "THE Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess".

Also, in case you were wondering, my CFG USB Loader is up to date with the most recent version.
the configurator for configurable has a section where u can set the words to be ignored when sorting, ie. A, The, etc. just change that field and update ur config.txt and other config files

zac_haryy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my wii with a 1.5tb Fat32 hdd and wanting to use Wiiflow (currently using USB Configurable Loader). I try booting Wiiflow from HBC but it always gives me a DSI dump error. Im not sure about which IOS's to have installed cause I cant find a solid guide on telling me which ones to use exactly. So I guess Im trying to figure out which IOS I should use and how to do it. There's gotta be a thread on this somewhere but I cant find anything with what I need. All I have is the FAT32 formatted hdd and want to boot games off of it with Wiiflow, usb configurable loader works with a majority of the games (freezes once in a while).

Is there possibly a guide on setting up wiiflow start to finish with what and how to install the IOS that I need?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

-haryy

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well you could use Modmii. Just install it and follow its questions and it wil download everything you need and give you a guide to follow. All you have to do is put all the files it downloads onto your sd card and then follow the steps on the guide and you'l have all the cIOS and stuff you need to run a usb loader smoothly.

Also you could go into the HBB and download a syscheck app and it will tell you which ios' you currently have installed.

KeizukeStarraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I was wondering if Smackdown vs RAW 2011 has been proven to work on NeoGamma R8 or R9 Beta and if so, do I need a specific IOS to play it or what's the deal, because I tried loading it myself and I got a Disc Error.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
KeizukeStarraku said:
Hi, I was wondering if Smackdown vs RAW 2011 has been proven to work on NeoGamma R8 or R9 Beta and if so, do I need a specific IOS to play it or what's the deal, because I tried loading it myself and I got a Disc Error.
Do you have a drive which support backups? Do you have disc error 1208?

KeizukeStarraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
KeizukeStarraku said:
Do you have a drive which support backups? Do you have disc error 1208?
Yeah, I get error 1208

KeizukeStarraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
KeizukeStarraku said:
Yeah, I get error 1208
Then your drive is not compatible with backups, to make it sure enter the full wii serial here:
http://www.wiidrives.com/identify
If it is a D3 drive or newer you can't play backups, then you should take a look into USB Loaders.

I see, thanks, good to know.

EDIT: BTW, anyone know of a good program to make ISO backups from games you already own?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KeizukeStarraku said:
FIX94 said:
KeizukeStarraku said:
Yeah, I get error 1208
Then your drive is not compatible with backups, to make it sure enter the full wii serial here:
http://www.wiidrives.com/identify
If it is a D3 drive or newer you can't play backups, then you should take a look into USB Loaders.

I see, thanks, good to know.

EDIT: BTW, anyone know of a good program to make ISO backups from games you already own?
For the wii? Either usb loaders, or cleanrip

You cant back them up using a computer unless you have a special drive.

jewshort

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will updating conduit 2 in multiplayer online mode brick my wii?

4.3 softmodded
Configurable USB loader
V 56 rev 249
i dl'd conduit 2 and to play online multiplayer, you must preform an in game update
i know (i think i know) that config usb loader has an update blocker...but this asks if you want to update, and if i say no then it says "then you cant play online"
so- will ok'ing this update brick my wii?
my friend did most of the softmodding, im somewhat clueless.
also sorry if this has been covered i preformed some basic searches.
ive seen that this update is similar to one is COD black ops but then i got mixed info weather that update bricked wii's
i would greatly appreciate an answer in the simplest form possible
thanks for your compassion and kindness, and i hope to see you on the conduit 2 multiplayer arena!

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm ready to start messing with my Wii. I've had it since it first came out and I was scared to do any modding stuff to it.

I would love to start playing backups from a hard drive onto my Wii. Can someone direct me to where I need to start reading? Can someone also point me to a good video tutorial. I'm a visual person and I learn better that way. Thanks very much in advance!

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gifted1 said:
I think I'm ready to start messing with my Wii. I've had it since it first came out and I was scared to do any modding stuff to it.

I would love to start playing backups from a hard drive onto my Wii. Can someone direct me to where I need to start reading? Can someone also point me to a good video tutorial. I'm a visual person and I learn better that way. Thanks very much in advance!
Just use Modmii for windows. You can't go wrong with it, great app.

KeizukeStarraku said:
Is it possible to access via WiFi game ISOs on your PC? I ask because I began using the HB App WiiVNC and it crossed my mind
While it is possible, it is not fast. I am not sure what dumpers support it, but I know this one does. Although you may need cios v17 or lower for it to work correctly.

QUOTE(jewshort @ Apr 20 2011, 05:00 PM)
Will updating conduit 2 in multiplayer online mode brick my wii?

4.3 softmodded
Configurable USB loader
V 56 rev 249
i dl'd conduit 2 and to play online multiplayer, you must preform an in game update
i know (i think i know) that config usb loader has an update blocker...but this asks if you want to update, and if i say no then it says "then you cant play online"
so- will ok'ing this update brick my wii?
my friend did most of the softmodding, im somewhat clueless.
also sorry if this has been covered i preformed some basic searches.
ive seen that this update is similar to one is COD black ops but then i got mixed info weather that update bricked wii's
i would greatly appreciate an answer in the simplest form possible
thanks for your compassion and kindness, and i hope to see you on the conduit 2 multiplayer arena!
Unless it is a wii system update (the ones that show up instead of the game on the disk channel, and force you to update to play the game) then it won't brick your wii

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. Thanks person66!

One more question (for now)... Will this work even though I have the latest firmware on my Wii?

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Modmii will work with the latest version of the system menu, however you'll need an original copy of one of the exploitable games. If you don't have one you might be able to find one to rent at blockbuster or another rental store. Just download Modmii and follow its steps and it will download everything you need and tell you which exploitable games you can use. It will also create a detailed guide for you to follow on how to safely softmod your wii.

KeizukeStarraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
KeizukeStarraku said:
Is it possible to access via WiFi game ISOs on your PC? I ask because I began using the HB App WiiVNC and it crossed my mind
While it is possible, it is not fast. I am not sure what dumpers support it, but I know this one does. Although you may need cios v17 or lower for it to work correctly.

How does that dumper work and how do I program it to read the ISOs on my PC??

Also, what's the best way to shrink ISO size? I only have 2 flash drives at 4 GBs each and Smash Bros is twice that. Plus one of my USBs is already rocking SVR2011.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys why the hell is my internet connection so shit rn?