• Replies 3,824
  • Likes 6

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, what do you want to do? Dump wii games to your PC over wifi (possible) or play wii isos that are on your PC over wifi (impossible, as it would be slow as hell)

Also, brawl is a dual layer disk, so no matter how much you shrink it, it will never get under 4GB.
There is a smaller version with some parts removed floating around the internet though (mind you, this would have parts of the game removed, I think the story mode, but I am not sure)...

KeizukeStarraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
Wait, what do you want to do? Dump wii games to your PC over wifi (possible) or play wii isos that are on your PC over wifi (impossible, as it would be slow as hell)

Also, brawl is a dual layer disk, so no matter how much you shrink it, it will never get under 4GB.
There is a smaller version with some parts removed floating around the internet though (mind you, this would have parts of the game removed, I think the story mode, but I am not sure)...

the 2nd option.

And i've seen the watered down Smash. Subspace is still in, but all the video clips are removed except for one; that one in question is played at every cutscene, making it very confusing.

Edit: BTW, has the RVLution patcher been proven to work on any usb loaders?

KeizukeStarraku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, hold on, this is big.

In addition to the above, apparently, when I tried to play Wii Sports Resort from the original disc, the console asked me for an update. I'm a bit concerned, because it could delete all the homebrew I ever collected, including CFG USB Loader, and I really don't want that to happen. So with that said, does this update pose a threat to the HBC and any content I added with it?

MrSmiles777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, whenever I run Super Smash Bros Brawl from my external hard drive for the most part it runs fine, I've played in classic mode and stuff fine. But whenever I go to Group>Brawl It lets me do the character selection but then after I go to stage selection after a few seconds it freezes up and makes a buzzing noise... anyone know how to fix this?

MrSmiles777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
make sure u have a cIOS installed without the dual layer bug (ie. a d2x cIOS, or cIOS249rev17b, etc.) then rerip the game. If u ripped it with a buggy cIOS, that would explain it.

I'm using waninkoko's cIOS, and Hermes cIOS and both, I think, are the latest stable versions. And I can't rerip it cause my dvd drive is broke (which is why I'm using a usb loader
smile.gif
) I do own the game though
wink.gif

I don't really know much about cISO's though. So is there a different on I should install?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Most ppl would recommend cIOS249 d2x base 56 and cIOS250 d2x base 57 (both are modifications of waninkoko's cIOS rev21), these cIOSs can only be constructed using ModMii from my signature.

Since ur dvd drive is busted, I'd try to borrow a friends Wii to re-rip the game to your hard drive, just make sure to use a cIOS without the dual layer bug. Other than that... i dunno.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
MrSmiles777 said:
Okay I'll try some dif cIOS's out
But I also found someone else with this problem http://gbatemp.net/t232656-
And I thought of a work around. By setting the stage selection to random the game runs fine...
This problem can come if you have dumped the game without a cIOS with dual layer fix. You really need to re-rip it to make it work correctly, as xflak suggested dump the game again with a good cIOS like cIOS249 v17b or cIOS249 v19 using a wii from a friend.

ab15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i deleate games on my hard drive, some of them freeze and i want to reinstall them. Also my computer cant read the harddrive it just asks to format?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have wii manager? an is the hard drive formated to wbfs?. you can get wii manager from modd mii.
i just had the same problem, an just reformatted to fat32.
by the way does any one know were i can find the alt dol for wii sports resorts? i had it but lost it.
thanx.

ab15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shortz1994 said:
do you have wii manager? an is the hard drive formated to wbfs?. you can get wii manager from modd mii.
i just had the same problem, an just reformatted to fat32.
by the way does any one know were i can find the alt dol for wii sports resorts? i had it but lost it.
thanx.
thank you, but if formated (i think its fat32 already not sure) will all the games be deleated?
also what does load mii do?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ab15 -
first, get all the games off your drive to your pc with Wii backup manager.
next, format the entire drive to fat32, use fat32 gui formatter.
now, again use wii backup manager and transfer back to your newly formatted fat32 drive.
and use configurable usb loader as your loader.

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ab15 said:
please is there any way to run brawl plus straight from a hard drive (with out a disk)? thanks for the above.

I was also going to ask this.
I heard somewhere that it worked straight from uLoader without any hiccups, so I tried it; the problem is I keep getting code dumps whenever I try to load Brawl.
Also, I can't seem to find an option to enable Ocarina within uLoader.

Any help would be appreciated!

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confused dumbass here: What's the current program used to run burned Gamecube disks? I can't seem to find it or even figure out what it is(wiigator or something...?)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Warrior522 said:
Confused dumbass here: What's the current program used to run burned Gamecube disks? I can't seem to find it or even figure out what it is(wiigator or something...?)
You need a cMIOS (use the one by WiiGator) installed on your system and NeoGamma (another loader would work, but I recommend NeoGamma). You can download both with ModMii.

All Wii's made during Fall 2009 and later can't run burned backups or DVD movies. If you aren't sure when it was made, enter your serial number here and it will tell you the what drive chip you could have. If you have a D3-2 or D4 drive, it can't run backups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P