Homebrew Question Quick Question about backups/emulators

sroemr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own a Switch yet, but will be buying one soon. Today is Prime Day and they have microSD cards on sale. Will I need a large one when I get a Switch? Rather spend half the price on one now if so.

If this is the wrong forum, I apologize.

D

Deleted-442439

It highly depends what you want to be doing:

If you buy digital games: 32GB of internal storage will fill up after 3-4 games or even less if the games are large (Wolfenstein is 13.7GB). So if you do buy digital I would recommend getting a 128gb sd card as they are rather cheap now.

For non backup loading homebrew: Emunand will need 32gb, so a 64gb card should be the minimum you get.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: sroemr

sroemr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't see any MicroSD deals on prime?
SanDisk ones are on sale. 64, 128, 200, 400

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It highly depends what you want to be doing:

If you buy digital games: 32GB of internal storage will fill up after 3-4 games or even less if the games are large (Wolfenstein is 13.7GB). So if you do buy digital I would recommend getting a 128gb sd card as they are rather cheap now.

For non backloading homebrew: Emunand will need 32gb, so a 64gb card should be the minimum you get.

So how the Wii U used a hard drive with cfw, the Switch uses the sd card? So bigger the better to hold more. Assuming any size works as long as it's the correct format?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1