Hacking R.I.P. Flog - You'll be missed in v4.0.0.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country

That's weird then, give it a week with the SDK and I'm sure the community could come up with an emulator which could run Nintendo's retro games quite well.

Knowing Nintendo, it's going to be something stupid or legal.

Only reason I thought discontinuing the NES mini made any sense (at the time) was because the Switch was coming out and/or something licensing related prevented them.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird then, give it a week with the SDK and I'm sure the community could come up with an emulator which could run Nintendo's retro games quite well.

Knowing Nintendo, it's going to be something stupid or legal.

Only reason I thought discontinuing the NES mini made any sense (at the time) was because the Switch was coming out and/or something licensing related prevented them.

Well, I'd rather that they are separate, that way we can actually keep our games and not rent them, I don't like that.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they didnt want this found, they should have made it harder to access. Even without hackers finding it, there were videos of it being found on accident that were, at the time, believed to be fake.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, VC is definitely coming in some form, and I'm definitely thinking it will be the subscription method similar to what the Xbox Game Pass is. Just makes sense, especially considering how tiny most VC titles are, if anyone should have a service like that, its Nintendo and it should be with their large back catalog as a new virtual console service, and yet so far Nintendo is the only of the 3 without this kind of service. (Sony's being PSNow.)

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I'd rather that they are separate, that way we can actually keep our games and not rent them, I don't like that.

Yes but no, Nintendo has a fubar system when it comes to dd which has made me hesitant to ‘buy’ their software outside of special offers....or other reasons ;) .

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
A year waiting for VC is asinine. No wonder people hack consoles. It's not like most users could access it beforehand easily anyway.
Well that's kinda the point...people already have access to these games, there's no rush in releasing them again. Having VC on a portable will be nice, but ultimately VC is going to be just about the least interesting thing on Switch.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They removed it so they can charge for it on vc release.
golf storys a better golf game anyways

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well that's kinda the point...people already have access to these games, there's no rush in releasing them again. Having VC on a portable will be nice, but ultimately VC is going to be just about the least interesting thing on Switch.
looking forward to pokemon gen 3 vc though if a vc for the switch comes next year we could get gen 3 on the vc

A year waiting for VC is asinine. No wonder people hack consoles. It's not like most users could access it beforehand easily anyway.
and download roms and emulators because the wii u is the only nintendo console that has more then 3 systems on the virtual console but the wiiu is dead and no one wants to buy it

Reactions: Xzi
D

Deleted-355425

golf storys a better golf game anyways

looking forward to pokemon gen 3 vc though if a vc for the switch comes next year we could get gen 3 on the vc

and download roms and emulators because the wii u is the only nintendo console that has more then 3 systems on the virtual console but the wiiu is dead and no one wants to buy it

I agree going golf story is brill.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
theres no reason to hack the switch except for piracy the switch is a tablet you can get an android tablet with controllers on the side with emulators on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, krustday krab