Hacking R4 breaking ds console?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,279
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi, I've latley been noticing that now that I have switched to using an R4 from official carts, I've had significantly less battery life while it takes longer to charge. Is this being caused by my R4? Or is it just the age of my ds?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A flashcart will use a little more power than a Retail cart, but not a huge amount. But if you already have a knackered battery, then it will become even more noticble.

If your DS is over 2-3 years old or has been charged over 500 times, then it will need the battery replacing.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
age of your DS I think, my battery is on the way out too.

R4s could only break a DS with the 'help' of the DS Bricker or possibly bolw a fuse (some slot twos idi that once, I think)

Mages4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, my old DS Phat was 1 year old when I got my R4. Battery life was fine till mid '09, then my battery just gave up. (4 hours per charge?)

So, I guess it's aging, because eventually, flash cart or not, your battery will need to be replaced or your hardware upgraded as it just gets worn.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Matthew said:

R4s could only break a DS with the 'help' of the DS Bricker or possibly bolw a fuse (some slot twos idi that once, I think)
Not true.

Poor positioning of the contacts/cheaply made cards can cause a short which will effectively brick your DS (iirc, it is possible to replace the fuse that blows, but that's rather involved).

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
Matthew said:

Not true.

Poor positioning of the contacts/cheaply made N5 cards can cause a short which will effectively brick your DS (iirc, it is possible to replace the fuse that blows, but that's rather involved).

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
twiztidsinz said:
Matthew said:

Not true.

Poor positioning of the contacts/cheaply made N5 cards can cause a short which will effectively brick your DS (iirc, it is possible to replace the fuse that blows, but that's rather involved).
Yes... the N5 was known to short out DS' but I believe there were others as well (possibly clones of the N5 under an R4 name?).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.