OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,

I have a chance to buy an R4 King locally instead of buying a flashcart online, which is appealing to me. I know very little about the R4 cart itself, so I looked it up. What I learned tells me the R4 King can be used on any of the DS interations (I plan on using it for the DSi XL). I just wanted to know if anyone thought this R4 King card was a bad idea or not; has anyone else used it? Pros and cons of the cart? Any information would be useful regarding this cart. I however, do not require suggested alternatives, just some user impromtu reviews, I guess. Thanks in advance.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sucks.
wink.gif

You wanna know why?
Lack of updates
R4 1337

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's one thing which is certain, the R4 isn't King. It's yet another DSTT clone.

If you buy it, don't come complaining to us that it won't the latest clean ROMS and Wood R4,

bennyroger

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Its a DSTT clone and can run the DSTT firmware if you want to, I've already uploaded a ready renamed DSTT firmware for this and a lot of other DSTT clones. (in R4 section)
Game support is no more from the makers of DSTT it seams and that is fully understandable considering all the hardware clones in circulation. Unofficial support can be found on the DSTT section where Pong updates the infolib, extinfo, savlib, some new games work some don't.
Built quality internally and externally is better than many other clones, but far lower than a real a real DSTTi (who the producer have cloned)

Edit: Oh, and you are far better off buying an Acekard!

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Get the $6 R4 from Shoptemp if you want an R4. That is probably going to be Shoptemps best selling cart at that price, especially since the Wood update.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should only ever buy flashcarts online, when offline all you seem to get is price extortion.

Sure you can get the $6 R4 from shoptemp, but in the long run it's not as good as something like the Acekard 2i, that's only $11.50 right now you know.

R4 King looks really dodgy, avoid it at all costs.

hunnymonster

Trophies
XP
Country
impizkit said:
Get the $6 R4 from Shoptemp if you want an R4. That is probably going to be Shoptemps best selling cart at that price, especially since the Wood update.

Not if he plans to use it in a DSi XL (as he says in his original message)...

In answer to the original question - R4 - just no. I happen to have one from the "first time around" - it served me well but has been surpassed by others: SuperCard DSONE (and DSONEi), Acekard 2i to name a couple.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3