R4 sdhc (renovation) wont boot after i insert gba cart into slot 2

Birojuice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Using a ds lite; (yes, know the renovation is sketchy) its red and gold V2.10T, with the latest kernel it functions just fine but i wanted to use pkmn chest with my pokemon sapphire gba copy. However it just gets stuck on this screen, i tried using a few older kernel versions but no luck.
1666630024977.png

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA cartridges do not cause this issue.
The error means that your flashcard's timebomb went off. To work around the issue, either change the date to an older one on your system, or install an alternate kernel such as TWiLight Menu++ and/or YSMenu.
https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/installing-flashcard

Birojuice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
GBA cartridges do not cause this issue.
The error means that your flashcard's timebomb went off. To work around the issue, either change the date to an older one on your system, or install an alternate kernel such as TWiLight Menu++ and/or YSMenu.
https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/installing-flashcard
Really? If i removed the gba card from the ds it operated completely fine, regardless of date/time. The issue only manifests once the slot 2 is used. I tried installing TWL Menu (flashcart) but the screens remain white, and im pretty sure YSMenu did the same when i tried it.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? If i removed the gba card from the ds it operated completely fine, regardless of date/time. The issue only manifests once the slot 2 is used.
Sounds like the kernel has buggy code then.
I tried installing TWL Menu (flashcart) but the screens remain white, and im pretty sure YSMenu did the same when i tried it.
Did you add the autoboot files for TWLMenu++?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: DanTheManMS

Birojuice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reactions: SylverReZ

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's awful marketing.

"How can we make people buy more carts from us? I know, we'll kill them after XXX date!"

If one broke on you you're never gonna buy another from the same company are you :rofl:
Most people don't seem to notice the trick, they simply know this shop, it worked for more than one year and it been cheap.
The card is illigal so it's not like it's easy advertised around or finding another shop.
So, considering this it's an easy repeatable formula.
it's either going rebuy the same kind of shit, or your teen is such a pain in the ass kid to have around.
and you don't get the same one, you get the upgraded one, the 2022 model! and maybe they even renamed thier card who knows.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad the issue was identified.

Kinda a shame though, as I was gearing up to mention how certain slot-2 carts had weird power requirements that the DS Phat/Lite didn't like. I made a YouTube video mentioning that at one point, when showing how to backup GBA save files from official carts. Long story short, slot-2 Supercards have always sucked.

Gonna link it anyway just because:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j