Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello!
I want to buy flash card for my ds lite. Today (I think) the best slot 1 card is R4DS/M3simply. But I want (maybe...
unsure.gif
I really don't sure) to play gba games too. So I need slot 2 card. M3 lite or EZ Flash 3in1? I think expansion is preferable.
In topic ez v flash bundle? or R4DS and the ezflash 3 in1 ? ez users
smile.gif
said that EZ flash bundle is a bit easier to use. Not a big pros for me.

R4 has good cheat system, best speed with proper microsd, often updated firmware
EZ has hybrid system, rumble, better(?) gui

Anything else?
Thanks for any suggestions
bow.gif

P.S. I'm from Russia and English not my first language.

haruk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't comment on the EZ Bundle pack, but the R4 + ez 3 in 1 works great for me. I'm pretty sure R4 has better compatibility for NDS games, and with the 3 in 1 you can also play GBA games and use the browser!

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Can't comment on the EZ Bundle pack, but the R4 + ez 3 in 1 works great for me. I'm pretty sure R4 has better compatibility for NDS games, and with the 3 in 1 you can also play GBA games and use the browser!
Are you not irritated with expectation while gba rom will be kept on a R4 from ez and new gba game will enter ez 3 in 1?

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How does it work can we just add gba games to the microsd and play them or do we have to go to boot slot 2 device and select from an ezflash menu or something
cuz i may buy one as dealextreme is selling it for just 19 dollar

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The new ez 3-in-1 program by rudolph allows you to play gba game from psram, that way you just select the gbaloader.nds file on the r4 menu and you can choose which gba game to play and it will start immediately.

Echo1

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just ordered myself a EZ 3-in-1 from DealExtreme, too. Hopefully it'll be useful.

Sorry for the following newbie questions but I have never used a slot2 before:

1) What can be done on on the slot 2 that can't be on a slot1?
2) What does it do better than on a slot1?
3) How much space is on the EZ 3-in-1?

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
I've just ordered myself a EZ 3-in-1 from DealExtreme, too. Hopefully it'll be useful.

Oh boy...have you got the wrong idea...

1) the EZ 3in1 allows ram for opera, ram for GBA games, and works as a rumble pack
2) just adds some extra options
3) NONE that isn't ram. you can't load NDS games or homebrew onto it. question 1 answers ALL IT CAN DO. nothing else. it CANNOT connect to your comp for space, CANNOT play music/movies, etc etc.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
I want to buy flash card for my ds lite. Today (I think) the best slot 1 card is R4DS/M3simply. But I want (maybe...
unsure.gif
I really don't sure) to play gba games too. So I need slot 2 card. M3 lite or EZ Flash 3in1? I think expansion is preferable.
In topic ez v flash bundle? or R4DS and the ezflash 3 in1 ? ez usersÂ
smile.gif
said that EZ flash bundle is a bit easier to use. Not a big pros for me.

R4 has good cheat system, best speed with proper microsd, often updated firmware
EZ has hybrid system, rumble, better(?) gui

Anything else?
Thanks for any suggestionsÂ
bow.gif
Â
P.S. I'm from Russia and English not my first language.

I have both, and here's my opinion: R4 HANDS DOWN.
bow.gif

The EZV is horrible, its pathetically slow and has horrible compatibility with saves. it all works, but its a bitch to update save lists. (okay, its not THAT bad, but i NEVER had to do it with the R4, and it was just extra trouble with the EZV) Also, the EZV is not spring loaded. sure, some people say that it means there's no chance of the spring malfunctioning, like in R4s. but trust me, its not worth it. its a pain pulling out the microSD each time with my fingernails (literally). and with the new programs, R4 has perfect compatibility with rumble.

Also, you said EZ has a better(?) gui...NOT TRUE AT ALL. it uses moonshell, and that isnt nearly as customizable, even more so with the latest custom DS_MENU's with chishm's de-encryptor.

bottom line: get the R4

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
1) the EZ 3in1 allows ram for opera, ram for GBA games, and works as a rumble pack
3) NONE that isn't ram. you can't load NDS games or homebrew onto it. question 1 answers ALL IT CAN DO. nothing else. it CANNOT connect to your comp for space, CANNOT play music/movies, etc etc.

Can it not be used by linux/other homebrew as a RAM expansion? Or is it only the other cards like the M3/SC?

Echo1

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just ordered myself a EZ 3-in-1 from DealExtreme, too. Hopefully it'll be useful.

Oh boy...have you got the wrong idea...

2) just adds some extra options

Lol. It's certainly is different to what I expected. But with the ability to play GBA games and use the extra ram and rumble, it's worth the £10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
2 iwakura,Thanks for your reply. Totally agree, new homebrew for R4 is great. I will buy R4 and 3 in 1 as soon as I can.

2 Echo1, how long did you wait your R4 (free shiping or ems)

B

bugmenot52

Can it not be used by linux/other homebrew as a RAM expansion? Or is it only the other cards like the M3/SC?

First of all, it does have some non-RAM memory, namely NOR memory, which is used for the largest game size or games that use the largest savestate size. (Includes the PKMN GBA games).

It can definitely work as a ram expansion for homebrew/Linux. I know that Linux has supported it as RAM for over a month.
Homebrew must either be written to support it, or must support the Opera ram expansion. If the homebrew supports Opera ram expansion, and you use an R4DS (or m3 simply), you must use Rudolphs tool, which will have activate the 3-in-1's RAM extension mode, and soft-resets. Once the ram expansion mode has been activated it should apparently look/work just like the opera expansion. (At least that is how it works with the Opera browser, as it does not to be patched if ram mode on the EZ-3 is activated with Rudolph's tool).

seank

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm perfectly happy with my EZV - I can't see any reason not to get one.

The EZV is horrible, its pathetically slow

Slow? Every single game that I've tried runs perfectly with no slowdown at all.

QUOTE said:
and has horrible compatibility with saves. it all works, but its a bitch to update save lists. (okay, its not THAT bad, but i NEVER had to do it with the R4, and it was just extra trouble with the EZV)

Takes about 2 seconds to copy the file over, you don't need to do anything else.

Also, the EZV is not spring loaded. sure, some people say that it means there's no chance of the spring malfunctioning, like in R4s. but trust me, its not worth it. its a pain pulling out the microSD each time with my fingernails (literally).

Yeah, it is pretty hard to start with, but after about 5 or 10 times it's easy to remove the microSD card - no different to removing it from an SD adapter.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm perfectly happy with my EZV - I can't see any reason not to get one.

The EZV is horrible, its pathetically slow

Slow? Every single game that I've tried runs perfectly with no slowdown at all.

QUOTE said:
and has horrible compatibility with saves. it all works, but its a bitch to update save lists. (okay, its not THAT bad, but i NEVER had to do it with the R4, and it was just extra trouble with the EZV)

Takes about 2 seconds to copy the file over, you don't need to do anything else.

QUOTEAlso, the EZV is not spring loaded. sure, some people say that it means there's no chance of the spring malfunctioning, like in R4s. but trust me, its not worth it. its a pain pulling out the microSD each time with my fingernails (literally).

Yeah, it is pretty hard to start with, but after about 5 or 10 times it's easy to remove the microSD card - no different to removing it from an SD adapter.

I've been spoiled.
biggrin.gif

By slow i mean the bootup, game loading, and saving. if you have a R4, you'd notice right away. pokemon d/p saves in 1-2 seconds. As for copying the lists, its just a pain i suppose. I had a G6 and an R4, neither of them ever gave me the extra trouble. why go through it at all if you can get an R4 and not do it?

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, with the hybrid mode, it means i can use my 2GB stick instead of hunting down a particular model of a particular stick and playing the lotto game of japan vs korea.

and the only time i have to worry about putting on a new list is ... when i'm putting on a new game, so it's not like i have some sort of job maintaining the list.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7