R4DS loader v1.11 released

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
Full Guide To This Update

Download Play

You can divide the Download Play games into 2 categorys.

1. One person has the game and sends it to their friends. The friends Click "DS Download Play" on the DS's main menu.

2. Two people have the game and one person doesn't (Mario Kart). The person who doesn't have the game clicks download play, while one person hosts it. The person who has the game but is not hosting goes into the games menu and joins, thus 2 people with cards, one without.

But of course, there is Multi-Card play.

If the ROM is trimmed too much, the Download Play may still be broken. To solve this, Use a trimmer like "SkinnyROM" (My Personal Favourate).

If you are using previous firmware, Flashing the DS does nothing to improve Download Play compatability. That was a myth spawned due to the fact that if a DS was Flashed, Wi-FiMe would then work again, as FlashMe removes summit like the RSA header checks in Download Play, Therefore allowing the DS to Recognise and start the Wi-FiMe Download. With the R4/M3DSS, it just used to crash after starting to download.

DS to Wii Linking (Pokémon Battle Revolution + Pokémon Diamond & Pearl)

To simply put it, THIS DOES NOT WORK YET.

The "Realtime Cheats Switch"

This just stops the R4/M3DSS from enabling the realtime cheats.

In the cheats menu, there is a tick box that turns this feature On/Off.

If on, the R4/M3DSS can turn enabled cheats on and off in game. To use, press "L+R+START+UP" To enable the selected cheats, and "L+R+START+DOWN" to disable cheats. This works just like the switch on the bottom of an Action Replay GBA.

Moonshell

To Soft-Reset in Moonshell 1.71, Press "L+R+A+B"

Things not yet done + Things I would like to see

DS --> Wii Link
Castlevania PoR Full Compatability (Fixable with certain Memory Cards)
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam Slowdown

Loading Bar Skinnable
Cheats Page Skinnable

Hope this helps everyone!!

grog.gif
laugh.gif
grog.gif

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
My Tests:
Mario Kart DS: WORKING
Advance Wars Duel Strike: WORKING
Actionloop: WORKING
Clubhouse Games: WORKING
Pokemon Link: WORKING
Super Mario 64: WORKING
Metroid Prime Hunters: WORKING

Thats 100%!!! Omg nice Thumps Up to the R4 Team!.
The review should really be updated now.

All Trimmed with NDSTokyo in safe mode.

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
I've performed some tests with a couple of trimmers to see what they've changed/removed in the original files.
I did this with Total Commanders "compare files" command, so anyone who uses TC can test it themselfs.
Just remember to click the "binary" checkbox before you start comparing.

Remember I only tested it with 3 clean roms, and 4 different trimmers, so don't sue me if Download Play doesn't work for you. Thanks.

ROMS:
0080 - Nanostray (U) (Lube).nds
0434 - New Super Mario Bros (U) (pSyDS).nds
0595 - Clubhouse Games (U) (WRG).nds

TRIMMERS:
R4DS ROM Trimmer 1.0 (sorry found no link)
R4DS ROM Trimmer 2.0 (link)
SkinnyRom v1.2 (link)
NDS Tokyo Trim v0.42 (link)

CONCLUSION:
R4DS ROM Trimmer v1.0 doesn't work. It removes a lot though, and the ROM's sizes becomes the smallest. (Probably because it removes TOO MUCH! So don't use it.)

R4DS ROM Trimmer v2.0 works fine. It removes the crap from the ROMS without destroying them. But no batch trimming can be a pain, so I wouldn't recommend it unless you were just going to trim a single ROM.

SkinnyRom v1.2 also works fine. The batch trimming is nice and the fact that it leaves a few bytes for safety seems good to me at least.

NDS Tokyo Trim v0.42 also works just fine. The batch trimming seems a bit faster than SkinnyROM's, but that might just be me. No safe trimming is used, which probably isn't a big deal... unless you're paranoid about your ROMS not working because of it.

LONG STORY (post) SHORT: (read if you're in a hurry!)
The stuff that gets removed with R4DS ROM Trimmer 2.0, SkinnyROM v1.2, and NDS Tokyo Trim v0.42 are exactly the same.
The only thing that is different is the amount of "safe trimming" left at the end. With R4DS ROM Trimmer v2.0 leaving the most, followed by SkinnyRom v1.2, and last NDS Tokyo Trim v0.42 which leaves none.

So, I hope that clears up a few answers about which rom trimmers work and not.
I can test a few more if you like... just give me a link, AND have some patience.
wink.gif

EDIT:
The settings I used for SkinnyRom v1.2 was:
Safe Trim On and Off. Byte jump size 128.

UPDATE:
M3 ROM Trimmer v2.0 trims EXACTLY the same as R4DS ROM Trimmer v2.0. (Produces identical files.) No surprise there.
wink.gif

Hi there.. just found this post somehow; I'd like to clear something out. "Safe trimming" is a useless concept. It does nothing but leave empty space after the rom/wifi block. My trimmer doesn't use it because it's useless, so it trims right up to the exact amount of bytes. It also detects whether a rom has a wifi block after the game data or not, so in the case it does not, it won't leave unnecesary data at the end.

My last beta can trim a few roms in less than even 0.1 sec and now supports RAR too, feel free to try it, download links in my sig
smile.gif

r4dsrevolution

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the same for me also..

Hey, I tried patching the English firmware for my friends Chinese R4, but it hangs on the loading screen when he tries to run a game, any way to fix this?

Just in case anyone's interested, here's the latest build. A few small fixes/additions.
Patch 310707

Hey, I tried patching the English firmware for my friends Chinese R4, but it hangs on the loading screen when he tries to run a game, any way to fix this?

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have never had a problem with tokyo trim, but i wish that the r4-m3 converter would get an update so i could use the m3 software on my r4 until my acekard2i gets here
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Go with Linux Mint.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    wget "Microsoft edge.exe"
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm using linux mint on my other machine, works decent
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    deltree c:\windows\system32\*.* :tpi:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
    Veho @ Veho: +1