R4DS loader v1.11 released

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again i don't see why i have to keep quoting myself it dosn't dam work, i've tried in 4 games now, nothing happens.

*Sigh*...it's just like he said. L+R+Start+Down to turn them off, then L+R+Start+Up to get them to work again. I just tested it personally, and it works.

First off, press B in the cheat menu to get the option(Real-time on/off enable(B)) to activate the real time option. Also enable Game Disable and Cheat Disable activated.

Can't be anymore clearer than that. If following this, it still doesn't work for you, then switch to an easier cart.

EDIT: See you got it working.

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this update didn't address the issue with Pokemon Wii and a DS connecting together? I still get a white screen on the DS.
frown.gif

iq_132

Trophies
Website
neosource.1emu.net
XP
Country
United States
As if nobody would be interested......
Well, I'd already released a version that patched the R4 1.11 English to M3DS hardware.

Do you count the downloads?
Not usually. I don't care how many people download/use it, I'm more interesting in comments, bug reports. I really
only do this because I find it interesting. As soon as it stops being interesting to me, I'll be done with it. The source is
readily available with every release, so anyone with a little programming knowledge can keep working on it (as long
as they make their source changes public and make note that the source is not entirely theirs).

QUOTE(coolmos @ Jul 31 2007, 05:42 AM)Thanks for such a fast job on the new patcher!
No problem
smile.gif
I almost had a release ready 8/9 hours earlier, but alas, I have a job.

Kamgusta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Ehi iq, did you put the info.dat inside the patch.exe in your latest builds?
Or do I ask too much noobish questions..

edit: that was a noobish question
biggrin.gif
I just found it by myself. thanks for the program, anyway!

gbaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kaktus,

I was reading this thread and contemplating starting another thread asking about the best trimmer. I use NDSTokyoTrim myself, but your analysis has me a bit worried about the results. I use it mostly because it detects wifi data. Has there been any complaints that it ever did chop off more than what was needed? Has it ever actually messed up a rom?

Anyway, thanks a lot for the in depth review.

I usually use NDS Tokyo Trim, but I just tried with the latest version, 0.43 and I got two white screens. I then tried with ROM Trimmer v2.0 and the results are as follows:

64,463,752 lost2_romtrimmer2.nds
64,463,240 lost2_tokyo.nds

102,691,180 finalfantasyIII_romtrimmer2.nds
102,690,804 finalfantasyIII_tokyo.nds

As you can see Tokyo v0.43 trims more than Rom Trimmer v2.0 and it's this extra bit that damages the roms returning the white screens. Both trims by Rom Trimmer v2.0 work. I suggest not using Tokyo until it's fixed.

gbaguy

gbaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kaktus,

I was reading this thread and contemplating starting another thread asking about the best trimmer. I use NDSTokyoTrim myself, but your analysis has me a bit worried about the results. I use it mostly because it detects wifi data. Has there been any complaints that it ever did chop off more than what was needed? Has it ever actually messed up a rom?

Anyway, thanks a lot for the in depth review.

I usually use NDS Tokyo Trim, but I just tried with the latest version, 0.43 and I got two white screens. I then tried with ROM Trimmer v2.0 and the results are as follows:

102,691,180 finalfantasyIII_romtrimmer2.nds
102,690,804 finalfantasyIII_tokyo.nds

As you can see Tokyo trims more than Rom Trimmer v2.0 and it's this extra bit that damages the roms giving the white screens. Both trims by Rom Trimmer v2.0 works. I suggest not using Tokyo until it's fixed.

gbaguy

Sorry, the roms I tested with are "Lost In Blue 2" and "Final Fantasy III"

gbaguy

gbaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no problems with any of the games I had trimmed with ndstokyotrim.

The roms are:
0939 - Lost In Blue 2 (U)(Xenophobia).rar
0681 - Final Fantasy III (U).rar

And I used the latest version, 0.43. Yes, it might only affect certain roms as you can see that the amount chopped off by Tokyo on the two roms I illustrated is different: 512 bytes and 376 bytes respectively.

gbaguy

gbaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone using Offline List, just use the trimmer module, I havent had any problems with any game I've trimmed using it.

Thanks for the tip but I like the batch feature with Tokyo Rom Trimmer. I sent the author an e-mail about what I found so hopefully he can nail down what the problem is and fix it in the next release.

gbaguy

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
Hi, please download the latest build uploaded today, it should fix all those problems. As for the size comparisons..

The problem wasn't that it was trimming too much, actually the size will be even lower with the current build.

http://techsuki.net

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
gbaguy emailed me acknowledging the roms work now with the last build
smile.gif

So:

"rom trimmer v2": 102,691,180
ndstokyo old : 102,690,804
new ndstokyo: 102,690,668

As you can see it wasn't trimming too much, but after the fix it's actually trimming more. "Rom trimmer" still does it a wrong way by using always a fixed size. "safe trimming" is a useless concept, you just need to trim the correct amount of bytes by analyzing the rom in detail.

Trimming backwards from the end of the rom like some do, doesn't guarantee a correct trimming either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1