Hacking R4i card sticky in slot?

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought i'd post here since it's regarding a hacking cart. I just starting using a 3ds XL, and I don't have any retail 3ds carts to compare, but it seems like the R4i carts kinda get stuck in the top slot. It goes in just fine, and when ejecting it "clicks" right out, but won't slide out more a few millimeters it seems without it feeling like it's stuck.

I have to sorta wiggle it and pull and it will pop loose, but it definitely doesn't feel how it does when loading/removing carts on my DSlite, even with homebrew carts like a dstwo. Just thought it was a little unusual and curious if there is a flaw I should know about, or it's just how it is for a new system that doesn't have much use yet.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you used the cart is a different model before? I know my dstwo is rather similar in this regard, and its just because the card is thinker than normal games.

w0dash

noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My R4i Gold rev. D is exactly the same and does not unload automatically with the spring. I have to pull it because it gets stuck a bit.

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep its been noted before, i bought a r4i gold 3ds for a friends 3ds xl and it grated on insertion and then stuck on removal (easy) Sometimes after pushing down it refused to pop up at all. Bit disconcerting but for the price i expected the build quality to be a little sub par. Dstwo it ain't.

I've took off a couple of tiny residual plastic bits that weren't removed at the factory but i might have to to some more tinkering to get it to fit without scaring the shit out of me every time i come to use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land