Status
Not open for further replies.

lloydy187

Trophies
XP
Country
zhuzhu get theres straight from the factory
so you should be fine

I brought it on the 17th and Nintendo released the update the next day I believe, what are the chances of that? they didn't send it to the end of the week so maybe there is a chance I have one of the newer cards.

Takieyda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1- Update your flashcart.
2- Cut the signal line.
3- Blow your 3DS fuse.
4- Cry.

Is there any validity to this blowing a fuse claim? The only things I can find searching is an article which links back to this thread, but indask8's post is the only reference of blowing a fuse I can find even here.

I installed the latest Wood and the patch, but my R4i Gold 3DS still isn't working and I'm not too keen on cutting the signal line. I'm perfectly capable of doing it, but I'd rather just spend the money on a DSTwo if that's the case and avoid the whole fuse issue if there really is an issue in the first place.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any validity to this blowing a fuse claim? The only things I can find searching is an article which links back to this thread, but indask8's post is the only reference of blowing a fuse I can find even here.

I installed the latest Wood and the patch, but my R4i Gold 3DS still isn't working and I'm not too keen on cutting the signal line. I'm perfectly capable of doing it, but I'd rather just spend the money on a DSTwo if that's the case and avoid the whole fuse issue if there really is an issue in the first place.
How would cutting a wire blow any fuse? You obviously need to study some electrical concepts...

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Well this is crap if it means that future r4i gold may not run with software 7.0 or whatever they'd like to call it.
Tons of people were telling me r4i gold was the best way to go I should of gone with dstwo but didnt have the funds
Would really suck if I would have to buy a new card after just owning this one for not even 3 weeks.

I learn better with video so hopefully someone makes a youtube vid how to soon otherwise no update for me, still scared over future updates.
Almost reminds me of having to cut 360 boards.

I am not even able to update anything beyond the Metroid update, so I know your pain... I bought the card in July 2012, and updates stopped working for it in December when the Deep Labyrinth update rolled out. :/ I feel like my $20 wasn't well spent. It's one of the early Rev C cards that is actually a Rev B in disguise.

Reactions: K3Nv2

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Excellent post. Thanks for the enlightening response.
If you cut a wire, it means you're blocking one of the ways that the electrons can flow. A fuse only blows when there's a large amount of electrical current passing through it, but there's no way cutting a wire would make the eletrical current any bigger.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you cut a wire, it means you're blocking one of the ways that the electrons can flow. A fuse only blows when there's a large amount of electrical current passing through it, but there's no way cutting a wire would make the eletrical current any bigger.

Unless it is a control voltage turning something off.

Reactions: Rydian

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How would cutting a wire blow any fuse? You obviously need to study some electrical concepts...

Kirchhoff's Current Law would beg to disagree. Indeed modern Christmas lights use it to nice effect.

Anyway I would be quite surprised to see blown fuses save in those cases where someone messed something up.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am not even able to update anything beyond the Metroid update, so I know your pain... I bought the card in July 2012, and updates stopped working for it in December when the Deep Labyrinth update rolled out. :/ I feel like my $20 wasn't well spent. It's one of the early Rev C cards that is actually a Rev B in disguise.

I bought mine in June 2012 and I got a rev.8 >_>

Reactions: JayRo

appleb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't be surprised if they release a Rev D. But identical hardware-wise to the Rev C with the pcb precut for you at the factory.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Our new R4i Gold 3DS card support 3DS 6.0.0-X directly without patch updating since today !(2013-06-25)
33.gif

Please note: Our new card(shipped out after June 25th) comes with "konami" (
3ds6.0icon.jpg
) directly don't need to do the patch updating and PCB line cutting, which can support 3DS V6.0.0-X directly...
You can check the supported version info within the newest Wood V1.60 menu(need to re-download).....if it's 3DS6.0.0-11 & DSi1.45, then don't need to do patch updating...

>_>

mollekemiel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ran the update (have NOT cut line) on my DSi and although successful, it still says "Sys:NDSi 1.45&3DS5.1.0-11" under the help information within Wood. Shouldn't they have changed this line to reflect it's 6.0.0 compatibility? Not going to cut it until I know for sure I am indeed updated.

you should donwload wood firmware v1.6 again. They changed it (but did not change the version).

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If only the DS actually HAD a sleep mode. :P It just cuts the screens off and tells the game to pause. So carts don't actually turn off, flash or retail. So the difference in power drain is noticed there.

Would it be possible for big N to implement a true DS sleep mode on 3DS?
And what about VC titles(including GBA)?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wouldn't be surprised if they release a Rev D. But identical hardware-wise to the Rev C with the pcb precut for you at the factory.

Pong already asked them about this.
The next card will already support v6.1.0-1X from factory and will be still rev. C.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Probably someone asked about the Rev C Metroid Cards but cba to read all of the 10 pages.
Anyways my question is if they can be updated this time or they are excluded again?

RyuSensei

Trophies
XP
Country
So, funny thing happened yesterday. I updated my R4i card from www.r4ids.cn (which has a C in the connector, so I suppose to be a revC) and was about to get my X-acto ready for surgery, when I tried loading it to my updated 3ds Xl and it actually worked. No cutting seems needed. I've tried a couple of games, and they all run fine so far... What does this mean? I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER