OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for 3DS/DSL/LL/XL/DSL/DS

lin fox domain()com nintendo ds
using this site i tried every firmware for r4ids (dot) com and r4idsn (dot) com and it still didnt work. there was a firmware for r4i gold plus v4 that worked for a second then said please upgrade hardware

if anyone can help me find the firmware for this i would greatly appreciate it

Akasha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_20231008_162344.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Can you post pics of the card in question for us? That will help greatly.
IMG_20231008_162351.jpg

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks so much. the firmware seems to be working. to install roms i just drag into the sd card right?
Yes that's possible, you can use short named folders on the root of said SD-card, please be sure the used filesystem for the SD-card is set on either FAT16 (prefered) or FAT32.

Akasha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything was working fine until 5 seconds ago. I dropped the dsi and now it says error has occured. press and hold the power button to turn the system off. is this repairable?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Everything was working fine until 5 seconds ago. I dropped the dsi and now it says error has occured. press and hold the power button to turn the system off. is this repairable?
About everything is repairable, but if it's a DS or a DSi (size doesn't matter) it is most likely easier and pretty cheap to find a 2nd hand unit.
See: https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Nintendo_Handheld_Console for instructions of repairing.
On aliexpress and amazon you can find replacement parts

Akasha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, the problem is idk what is not working, it just says error and not much else, but everything else seems to work fine

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, the problem is idk what is not working, it just says error and not much else, but everything else seems to work fine
Could be the fuse, the battery, or in the cartslot a pin could've been damaged/moved...
Could be just the need to clean.
But i would try to open it with triwing screwdriver, clean it and look for cracks or burned spots.
Push the contacts a little to touch the R4card better.
There's so much that could be it from what you told us, pictures would help.
@RocketRobz or @Jayro might know maybe a way to diagnose more details by software...
Since you did say DSi: https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/installing-dsi.html
You don't even need your R4 , just the savegame SD-card will do finein combination with CFW...

Last edited by JaapDaniels,

Akasha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out what broke. it was the wifi card, ordered a replacement for 3 pounds, worked wonders, now im wondering how to add cheats, as the firmware i have for this fake r4 card doesnt have a usrcheat.dat? can anyone help me with this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol