Hacking R4i Ultra Revival

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there tempers! As the title states, i am interested in reviving my R4i Ultra!
For those who dont know, it is a clone of Acekard 2(i).
As Such, using certain things made for Acekard allows to be run on it, Sadly, AKAIO is NOT one of those things.

Currently, I am running YSMenu made using AK2YSAuto. This Uses akloader.nds to run its games.
Because of this, as far as i know, I am unable to use the extinfo.dat and other related .dat's to update/run new games like the Regular YSMenu.
If anyone knows anyway i can get the regular, updatable YSMenu to work on my AK2 clone, i would be very grateful, or even if i could update my current YSMenu to play new games. It runs using the same loader as old Acekard Official firmware 4.23.

Thanks again,
Iggloo

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for responding. i know that Ysmenu hasnt been updated, but i had thought that by applying new .dat's that you would have access to other games, no?

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
iggloovortex said:
Thanks for responding. i know that Ysmenu hasnt been updated, but i had thought that by applying new .dat's that you would have access to other games, no?

Yes, that's right. The latest DATs are v6.39 from Retrogamefan.

Since R4 Ultra is an Acekard clone, I'm not really sure if you can use YSMenu with it. Good luck!

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:
iggloovortex said:

Yes, that's right. The latest DATs are v6.39 from Retrogamefan.

Since R4 Ultra is an Acekard clone, I'm not really sure if you can use YSMenu with it. Good luck!
I am able to use Ysmenu with it, however it is the YSMenu made with AK2YSauto, and therefore boots games using akloader.nds as opposed to the .dat's.
What i was looking for was a way to get the update-able YSMenu to work by way of dldi patch or some other means

Menace Storm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I am using that YSMenu with updated .dats on R4i ultra & seem to be able to play a lot of the new games. Way better than the original ultra kernel. How do you know it isn't using the .dats?

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you able to play Dark Dawn
ohmy.gif
if so would you mind teaching me how? and i know because even if you delete the .dats it still runs games

EDIT: Thanks for here being your first posts
EDIT2: Exactly which YSMenu are you using? The YSMenu.rar one, or the R4Uys one?

Menace Storm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just tried it & doesn't work. Black Screen.
I don't know. I tried to help. I am always looking
for different kernels & stuff to run on R4i ultra.
Hopefully something will show up.
Sorry can't be more help.

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Menace Storm said:
Just tried it & doesn't work. Black Screen.
I don't know. I tried to help. I am always looking
for different kernels & stuff to run on R4i ultra.
Hopefully something will show up.
Sorry can't be more help.
No worries friend you did more than your fair share.
I guess all we can do at this point is wait and watch

pangloss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Menace Storm said:
Well I am using that YSMenu with updated .dats on R4i ultra & seem to be able to play a lot of the new games. Way better than the original ultra kernel. How do you know it isn't using the .dats?

YSMenu is not replacing any kernel is just replacing the HMI!

So, the version running on Ultra won't use .dats because they are used by DSTT kernel while the YSMenu running on Ultra is using Acekard kernel that are not using .dats.

Currently for Acekard clones there are porting of:

- Wood 1.30 (I use it on my acekard clone)
- Akaio 1.8.7 (I haven't tested it yet)

Pan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    J @ Just_Ragnar: What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card