Hacking R4i3D 2012 update to 6.2 firmware

jucaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a r4i3d from http://www.r4i3d.com
It's the 2012 version, on the website it says that they stopped production and now they only support the 2013 version which play in a 6.2 3ds.

My question is, is there some way to update the 2012 version to play in a 6.2 3ds?

Here is a picture of my card.
Thanks to anyone who can help!

1.png

Skyhigh_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, the patch that they have on the website which is supposed to be for the 2013 cards will not patch your card.

I personally tried it on the older versions and the patch worked to unblock the cards from dsi systems, but it still wouldn't work in the new 3ds systems firmware updates.

I would say to just buy the 2013 version as that one is getting support. Though the smart thing would be to just get a supercard DSTWO that way you never have to worry about the card losing support.

Even if you do buy the 2013 r4i3d revision its likely that at the end of the year and come a new year it probably won't be supported and they will come out with a new one, these teams are known for this sort of thing. They support a card for about 6-8 months and then just come out with a totally new revision and scrap the old one.

jucaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the answers guys.

Do you know if this r4 is some clone of other r4?
so maybe i can use another r4 update and make it work?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All R4 units are clones of the original one back from several years ago lol. And nope other firmwares won't necessarily work. I think it's tied to the hardware. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

jucaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know they are all clones, but what i was trying to ask is if this r4i3d uses the same update from some other site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: