• Start date
  • Views 102,249
  • Replies 263
  • Likes 15

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
If I'm not wrong all this dongles (this, NS-Atmosphere or the chinese one you can find in the forum) are an Adafruit SAMD21 (M0), so I think you can build your own payloads. You can check the Adafruit website, it says you can build your own UF2 from binaries.

EDIT: The process should be like this tutorial.

I noticed that tutorial uses the payload.h file instead of payload.bin
So we need to convert bin to h to uf2!
What a mess...

Let's see an example. reinx gets an update. R4S dongle team doesn't provide the new uf2 for it.
How can we get the "h" and "ino" file from reinx payload.bin? So we can build our own uf2?
Is this possible?

Thanks

Last edited by toxic9,
Reactions: DollyWhipDoll

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If I'm not wrong all this dongles (this, NS-Atmosphere or the chinese one you can find in the forum) are an Adafruit SAMD21 (M0), so I think you can build your own payloads. You can check the Adafruit website, it says you can build your own UF2 from binaries.

EDIT: The process should be like this tutorial.
Ns-atmoshere dongle uses bin files. No need for uf2

dorisnov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I noticed that tutorial uses the payload.h file instead of payload.bin
So we need to convert bin to h to uf3!
What a mess...

Let's see an example. reinx gets an update. R4S dongle team doesn't provide the new uf3 for it.
How can we get the "h" and "ino" file from reinx payload.bin? So we can build our own uf3?
Is this possible?

Thanks

There are some programs to convert UF2 to C header. For example this should work.

Ns-atmoshere dongle uses bin files. No need for uf2

I suppose the program provided for flashing the NS-Atmosphear takes the payload, convert that binary to C header and then flashing it as a UF2 (flashing the same way arduino program does). Maybe we can even use that same program to flash the R4 dongle.

Last edited by dorisnov,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There are some programs to convert UF2 to C header. For example this should work.

I suppose the program provided for flashing the NS-Atmosphear takes the payload, convert that binary to C header and then flashing it as a UF2 (flashing the same way arduino program does). Maybe we can even use that same program to flash the R4 dongle.
Could be. Uses com ports to flash it

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The button to the right has to be pressed twice to change the payload. The hole to the left is a status LED.

I noticed that later when I went back to re-scan through the video, lol. Watching too many dongle videos and reading too many threads about them too late at night.

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I used Arduino IDE to compile ReiNX and build the firmware update for this dongle.
As I don't know the correct board that this dongle uses. I selected the common Trinket M0.
Then I flashed it to R4s dongle. It works and sends the payload. The only little bug I found is that the R4s led does not light up like on official R4s firmware provided by R4 team.
Does anyone have a correct .ino file for ReiNX for use with this dongle?

Thanks

dorisnov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi guys,

I used Arduino IDE to compile ReiNX and build the firmware update for this dongle.
As I don't know the correct board that this dongle uses. I selected the common Trinket M0.
Then I flashed it to R4s dongle. It works and sends the payload. The only little bug I found is that the R4s led does not light up like on official R4s firmware provided by R4 team.

Thanks

How do you convert the payload to a header? I dont have the dongle yet, so I can't test.

dorisnov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi guys,

Thanks

How do you convert the payload to a header? I dont have the dongle yet, so I can't test.

hoezsux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What ino file did you use ?

Hi guys,

Thanks

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw the YouTube reviews about r4s dongle from txswitch(dot)com, ship within 24 hours, free shipping, but from China; i want buy one ship from Germany, pls help

Sounds like you saw that Tech James video with the site selling it for 24USD. After seeing it for $20USD from an official seller on their list https://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=304 I, personally, wouldn't pay more than that.

Scroll down for their seller list http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/R4SDongles.asp

Germany https://www.r4-karte.com.de/r4s-dongle/r4s-dongle.html, but see the others

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

UF2 is designed for when you flash using a mass storage interface (i.e. it appears as a drive and you drag/drop).

ns-atmosphere uses a COM port for flashing (which doesn't completely rule out UF2 but I don't see why it would use it) so it won't work for R4S.

Appearing as a drive is a great feature for the R4S, but you'll have to wait for someone to figure out how to convert any .bin into a uf2 and post a tutorial.

Last edited by smf,

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Has anyone used this dongle yet? If so, what can be said about it's quality and ease of use? I was thinking about getting one for myself since it's super cheap but i need to be sure it's actually good quality and it's not going to die on me anytime soon. So, people who have used it, what say you? Yay or nay? Worth it or not?

msaraiva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No luck so far with R4S. I can replace the UF2 and it's apparently flashed, but during RCM mode, it won't power on (from the videos i saw, it should come up with a red led). It does have power if i boot Horizon normally (blue led), and also if i plug it into any other device with a powered USB-C port, so i'm suspecting the battery is DOA.

Last edited by msaraiva,

beeno92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
help me, I've used the R4S and downloaded current.uf2 (rajnx) and flash to R4S but it 0.7.4. I've updated firmware to 6.1.0 and use rajnx 0.7.5.1a. (the website R4S not link download for rajnx, and not assist good for all cfw sx os, hekate, rejnx, atmosphere... in 6.1.0, the link download is 25.9.2018. Could anyone make a current.uf2 0.7.5.1a for R4S. R4S possible not compatible with rajnx, when I put it in it led red and blue and not boot to payload rajnx (It already RCM), but when I plugin PC with usb type C, tergarcmgui say rcm, but I don't send payload, un plug from pc and plug R4S in Nintendo SW, then It can boot in payload but not boot to cfw because it not compatible with 6.1.0, when I use RCM loader (same R4S or SX Gear) RCM loader boot normal. Can anyone help me R4S not boot to payload (It can boot if I plug NX in pc with usb type C and not send payload, then unplug and plug R4S, then it boot to payload), I dont understand

the 0.7.4 rajnx can not use with firm 6.x.x, could anyone make the current.uf2 file for R4S for everybody use rajnx with R4S? thanks you very much

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No luck so far with R4S. I can replace the UF2 and it's apparently flashed, but during RCM mode, it won't power on (from the videos i saw, it should come up with a red led). It does have power if i boot Horizon normally (blue led), and also if i plug it into any other device with a powered USB-C port, so i'm suspecting the battery is DOA.
possible you use rajnx ? I've use rajnx and it can't run payload, I've ever used another firmware ect hekate or sx os reinx because I've just receiver my r4s and just test with rajnx, and website r4s not update new update for cfw 6.1.0 ect hekate sx os reinx atmosphere.... just update to 25.9.2018

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3