Hacking R4s dongle not working, help

valekatoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello guys, i recently got my hands on a r4s dongle, i have flashed the firmware with the custom payload firmware provided on their website, i put a payload.bin (latest hekate) on the root of my sd card (which is the file the dongle should get the payload from) but when i go into rcm the dongle doesen't turn on any led lights and i have to manually inject the payload from tegrarcmgui, anyone knows how to fix it? thank you.

(btw i'm pretty noob at this but i made sure to check every tutorial i could and watch around before asking here, i'm asking because i was not able to find anything, thanks again.)

valekatoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Make sure you got an unpatched switch if you are using payload injection dongle.
hey, yes, i am using unpatched day one switch, serial is XAJ70004.. also i already used cfw, but i have to use tegrarcmgui to inject the payload (hekate) and i would like to fix the dongle so i can inject it without the need of a pc
Post automatically merged:

the main issue i am having is: it doesen't turn on while in rcm, i am able to connect it to pc to update firmware but it's off while in rcm connected to the switch

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, yes, i am using unpatched day one switch, serial is XAJ70004.. also i already used cfw, but i have to use tegrarcmgui to inject the payload (hekate) and i would like to fix the dongle so i can inject it without the need of a pc

the main issue i am having is: it doesen't turn on while in rcm, i am able to connect it to pc to update firmware but it's off while in rcm connected to the switch

If you put the switch in autorcm mode, and if you using the R4S and it doesn't inject the payload then the update to the newer payload doesn't work.

valekatoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you put the switch in autorcm mode, and if you using the R4S and it doesn't inject the payload then the update to the newer payload doesn't work.
i don't use autorcm, i go to rcm mode manually using a jig and the dongle connected at the same time, all i get is a dark screen (as i should) but the dongle also should inject hekate renamed "payload.bin" in the root of my sd, you think it's the latest hekate too much for the dongle and i should try an older version?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't use autorcm, i go to rcm mode manually using a jig and the dongle connected at the same time, all i get is a dark screen (as i should) but the dongle also should inject hekate renamed "payload.bin" in the root of my sd, you think it's the latest hekate too much for the dongle and i should try an older version?

Im not sure if it the same case for R4S, I know the RCM loader one clone have issue with newer payload.

valekatoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Im not sure if it the same case for R4S, I know the RCM loader one clone have issue with newer payload.
okay, i will try and older version then, thanks, i will let you know soon

no luck with using hekate 5.1.1

8046ebbb-8259-4e2f-b281-496d680a37dd.jpg

tried again other firmwares of the dongle with different name files, can't seem to get it working. ig i'll give up.

Last edited by valekatoz,

valekatoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i tried charging it, no luck, i tried changing firmware from the microusb, does not seem to work, only usb-c, my guess is the battery doesen't work anymore? i saw that while the dongle is connected to the switch and the dongle to pc i can inject the payload like if it was an adapter microusb to usb-c but it still doesent want to work, any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: What matters now is that he's doing alright.