Essasetic

General Spectator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
latest

Yes you've seen that correctly. Video streaming platform Rabb.it will be shutting down.

The CEO of Rabb.it released a blog post on Linkedin about the difficulties of keeping the service afloat and why the service will be shutting down.

Lack of monetization/funding, a very frustrating UI change, lack of marketing/press on the service and a lack of business relations are the key things that ultimately killed the service.

There is currently no ETA of when it will be shutting down but I will edit this post when there is one.
Source: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hitting-wall-amanda-richardson

Last edited by Essasetic,
D

Deleted-401606

Why is it shutting down? You should have included that in your post.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This actually sucks. Rabb.it is such a good way to watch movies/tv series/whatever with friends around the world.

It's basically a voice call room where the host can also use a web browser within Rabb.it and everyone else can see/hear what's displayed/played on the browser.

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's sad, I watched your name on that website once :(
Honestly I through it would be shut down for copyright issues, not for lack of use :P

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They had a decent service, but I think they might’ve been on a list with some ISP’s. I had to turn on my VPN while sharing to avoid getting cut off every 10 minutes. I have Cox Communications as a provider.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one