Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
fgghjjkll said:
If you're banned, it doesn't nccessarily mean that you are banned for ever. Rockstar was banned but was then unbanned for "Good behaviour" on IRC.

Generally speaking and in 99% of cases banning an account is the final step we take, and it is forever. I wont comment on Rockstars particular case because I wasn't forum staff at the time, but I will say that him being unbanned had nothing to do with his behaviour on IRC.

Im only really responding because I don't want people thinking that if they get banned they can come on the chat, suck up, and expect to be unbanned for it.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
fgghjjkll said:
If you're banned, it doesn't nccessarily mean that you are banned for ever. Rockstar was banned but was then unbanned for "Good behaviour" on IRC.
A tad late, but I would still like to comment on this. As p1ngpong already said, you're mistaken. Rockstar was a special case, but being banned usually means you're banned forever. You need to have done something big to get banned, therefore it is very unlikely anyone would be unbanned after they've done such a thing.

People that might get a chance to come back are in the Suspended group (which at the moment only contains Jdbye IIRC). Note the might.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ellie said:
fgghjjkll said:
A tad late, but I would still like to comment on this. As p1ngpong already said, you're mistaken. Rockstar was a special case, but being banned usually means you're banned forever. You need to have done something big to get banned, therefore it is very unlikely anyone would be unbanned after they've done such a thing.

People that might get a chance to come back are in the Suspended group (which at the moment only contains Jdbye IIRC). Note the might.
So... Jdbye MIGHT come back, right?

Those that are suspended... are able to come back... I think.

D

Deleted User

I kind of wish I had some sort of special duty. I miss having that power since I closed my own homebrew news site a while back.

Edit: Oh.... I have 5 ribbons.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, one post and this thread goes crazy (LIKE ME AHAHHHA)

If there were still special ranks I would've wanted to be GBAtemp Insane Ape.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Honestly, why is there even a Suspended group? People in there seem to never get unsuspended and people we actually suspend usually don't land in that group
unsure.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tj_cool said:
Honestly, why is there even a Suspended group? People in there seem to never get unsuspended and people we actually suspend usually don't land in that group
unsure.gif
I've made that same point several times.

And Nathan, there are several other members that are also Suspended, not just Jdbye.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ProtoKun7 said:
tj_cool said:
unsure.gif
I've made that same point several times.

And Nathan, there are several other members that are also Suspended, not just Jdbye.
Yeah, I know that (heck, I was suspended once
yay.gif
), but the only one that's actually in the group is him. Makes no sense to me either.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
There are two points to having a suspended group for those who are curious about it. Firstly with a regular suspension there is no way for other people to see that you are suspended, this makes it visible for all. And secondly we have to set a time limit on a regular suspension, but by moving someone to the suspended group we dont have to worry about the suspension expiring.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://doublepulsar.com/recall-stealing-everything-youve-ever-typed-or-viewed-on-your-own-window...