Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
7th dragon
patch released just not a good one
Image work is done 100% may go back and change the maps. I'm still undecided about the maps.
partial menu skills items and other stuff.
This game is on hold til I have more experience with asm (as thats whats needed to actually get this game going)

Dramatic dungeon Sakura taisen because you are there
patch released
The only goal for me on this was to have the items done and as much of the menu done as I could in 2 weeks.
so thats pretty much what is done a partial menu and not quite all of the items.
I have to go back and redo alot of this as some of it makes only a little sense.

Duel Love
No patch released yet.
Well this my baby. I haven't realesed a patch yet. probably will not till its 100% done. I have found the font, its in a file thats compressed in a weird way I would love to change it along with a bunch of other stuff I need to get to too.
Not much to change image wise, a crap load of text again compressed in a weird way - huffman but with a seperate table file.
Trying to understand how to make a decompressor and recompressor is giving me a headache everytime i think about it. What's weird is i understand the asm parts about comressing I just don't get how to do it.

This game is going to need a major sound overhaul. The voices are japanese and though I love the pleasure noises having the text in english only to have the guy supposedly talking those words in japanese is really distracting. So I have to do a voice over. The problem I need to make a wave to swav tool or get someone to make it for me. I also need to make sure that what the guy is saying is the same as the text being written on screen (so I don't screw that up).
Otherwise this game is pretty straight forward to translate.

Zoids Battle Coliseum
I could make a patch the game is playable with the amount of work I have already put in.
Whats done the menu is about 95% done. Some image stuff I will propbably leave as is.
Redundant, (by redundant I mean really redundant), names 4 or 5 times the same names just different sized text, so do the math just for the zoids alone 64 times 5, yes 320 images of names to translate. Yeah the zoids names are done. but it took a while setting up different fonts that were pretty much the same thing over and over just to make names. On the plus side I used those same fonts for the in game battle messages. Batlle messages wich I have not finished translating yet (there is this one character in all of them that I just cannot find in any japanese font table, making translating difficult). I should ask for help for this but ahh so lazy...
64 gmes images that are basicly just crappy desrciptions of the zoids in an image... These images would have saved a lot of space is they were just put in text file and displayed that way (about 1/100th the space). Still undecided about translating them as they so far seem to say strong this way weak that way made by X. Very crappy and near pointless descriptions.
Just like the zoids girls picture book. All that needs to translated for them is the names and I feel translating them would be an injustice. semi sexy pictures of girls that have zoids costumes, a little to pedophiliac for me to even want to look at these pictures and translating the names is literally pointless. Its just pictures of girls (sorry slightly young looking girls). If you like looking at them I'm pretty sure your not gonna care what their names are.
I also have to finish the weapon names again image based. What troubles me about this is that in the rom itself there is english names for the weapons - text based, but so far seem to be slightly inaccurate.
I literally have folders labeled "image needing translation" and "inserted already" with subfolders just to keep things organized. About 19 images left to do other than the gmes and the zoids girls.

What am I forgetting... Oh yeah the script.
The script is in an overlay file and the is ordered neatly and tidily. just not the way I would have done it. after the menu stuff you have the thankyou's and then the script. The scipts goes from the smallest to the largest lines, with no line breaks. so "yeah! "(yes 3 or 4 spaces after and and only asm to change this)
to 16 or 18 characters lines. But they are out of order and at least 2 lines so far get reused - which changes the translation and makes me need more space, which I don't have cause its in the overlay file. but I have been slowly duming the scipt in order by screen shots and a visual look up. the good news is that the scripts is literally less than 3400 lines all together so once its ordered right, it will not really be a big deal to translate and reinsert. I just have to be less lazy and get to it.

Projects that I promised to help on but aren't mine.
Itadaki_Street_DS
Fujinomori no Lets Tarot
Doki Doki Majo Shinpan 2 (may have to start a new topic and make it an open translation)

So the toubles with all this so far.
Learning asm.
Tedious graphic work.
Not knowing japanese.
Getting sidetracked by other stuff.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Terminator02 said:
rastsan said:
So the toubles with all this so far.
Not knowing japanese.
then how do you...

Yeah..uh, hate to break it to ya buddy, but not knowing japanese makes translating japanese REALLY...impossible.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Granted it makes translation difficult but pulling it apart, figuring out how it all works and documenting it is quite doable without Japanese.

Anyhow nice work ratsan.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
OP
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just doing it is half the fun. Everything else after makes it more enjoyable.

I am now enoding two to three letters in a tile for 7thdragon as practice for Itadaki street ds. They are both perfect for this. It just means that whoever tries to change the stuff I have already changed will probably be confused at all the weird symbols where regular text should be. I am still working out the placement of the letters for this graphically. As it looks just plain weird right now.
The only problem with this is that everything (I mean everythiing) has to be translated first. Otherwise making the best letter pair matches for the best space and character usage is wasted.

updates for other projects
Itadaki street ds - very close to fininshing the script dump. Horrid reverse unicode encoding mixed with sjis in what looks like completely random ways.
Image wise I am going to have to take the time to dissect the custom file formats for this game.

Zoids battle coliseum is on the back burner for a bit. I got tired of working with the custom alphabets and playing and screenshottting then organizing the script dump. (yeah that really is a sentence that makes sense, a least to me).

Deul love - I have a partial menu translation done. Slowly but suely figuring out the custom compression they have for this game (needs to be done for a crap load of image editing and script dumping).
I am hoping not to ask someone for help on this as writing a custom huffman seperate table file decompressor actually sounds easy just doing it... groan.

Dramatic dungeon Sakura taisen - I probably won't go back to this one I like it the way it is.

7th dragon oy just see the topic for it. Sheesh. I really want to redo everything. After realizing that there is a lot of compression in the files for this game and even then compressed asm. I need to take a lot more time and relist the things I would like to do over and better. then do that stuff.

edit 10/04/2011
update as I had 7th dragon thread closed temporarily due to idiocy.
no need to open it as there really is nohting new to post for it... but see below

zoids battle coloseum
graphics todo
gmes
names
2-5 loose graphics
play through withscreenshot
ocr screenshots
order the script
translate script
insert script
test

zoids legend of arcadia
decompress files - rebuild rom
dump graphics
edit graphics
insert graphics
compress then insert graphics
find asm for font
identify functions
edit functions
dump script and miscellaneous
edit script (etc)according to new font
str folder text
test

Itadaki street Ds
Dump and edit graphics one by one(has to be this way custom graphic files)
script - what I have found is dumped and awaiting translation(as it has been almost 6 months I may have to google or babelfish it- which I already know is garbage)
insert and test
(nervous about this one as there are indications from other people that there is more script than what I dumped). Curiously not what it left just that there is more?...

7th dragon
oy so much left to do. I have no motivation to do it. found over 25 "fonts" in files in this game.
graphicly just the fonts left
text wise:
cannot find actual in game font table- assembly wise tracking has only lead me to the other fonts (graphics) - which loops by the way, not actual table
finish items / weapons- involves three files and their pointer tables coordinating between the three

(common reason- incomplete table incomplete translation
so many tables from so many fonts only one font actually works on one file-not any of the others)
battle messages - no table no go
script - has over 5 fonts and the two tables thus far made for it do not work on any script in it neither do any of the other font tables either

my solution (so far) was to put two letters in a one letter's graphic - use that grapics symbol instead of those two letters in the translation - what needs to be done is positioning the letters correctly
- the 12 by 12 (vb2bpp)at 5058 in the menufont.bin needs to have these letter pairs altered so they are one pixel down - except for the letters with tails they stay as they are. the rest of the letter pairs are fine as is.

when and if I ever get more translated script I can work on ridding the game of all japanese and as many letter pairs as can fit.
I need to sit down screen shot the game play and track that. use that to translate and or just put what I want in place.

next idea for tracking the fonts and seeing which actually get used changing all of them to this - file a font1 a1 numbering characters in decimal a28... file1 font2 b1 every new font is a new letter f1 f2... and so on then while playing I will know which font is actually being used.
too bad implementing it is past difficult the 3rd font in btlsys1.bin has 680+ characters. I can't fit the number "680" in a 12 by 10 spot

Dungeon of windaria
just a few graphics left then arm9 item stuff
script in the overlays
to do checking if the script is the same for the movie as I have a translation for that.
play and track with screenshot and ocr
further details later

Dramatic Dungeon Sakura Taisen
font is fine
campdata has menu help stuff
citr has character and monster description
- both have pointers at the top of them making editing very easy
script seems to be in the overlay files possibly organized by event

graphicly
I need to do the names for places (there is a lot)
the title screen needs to be changed.
the lips mini-game feature
an eyecatch
the EF_STD japanese characters
EF_chr_028yuri
the wifi connection by nintendo seems to be in japanese need to take a look around for that.

duel Love is still on the backburner. research has shown that other games by bottlecube have similar container file systems
after duek love golgo13
before duel love gundam mahjong-
I can see a progression in style for the compression/filesystem(s)
more later. one has no container but the list file(s).
the other has the list file(s) (but in a different format) and (a) container file(s). one doesn't have the offset like the other does, one only has file names...

fujinompri no lets tarot
is being handled by other people now

eh what to do now...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu