Hacking Question RCM Jig help

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title says it all. 3d printed out a bunch of jigs and tried them out with various wires, paperclips, and staples but im wondering if maybe all my stuff is either non-conductive or if im just not putting it in the right place.

Its supposed to be a simple slide jig in with the metals touching pins 1 and 10. Then turning on the Switch with the volume up and power button held at the same time. Looked up a tutorial or 2 on youtube and havent had much luck. is there perhaps a jig i could print out that has slots for the paperclip ends. i keep printing out ones where the holes are 2 small or dont have one. lacking hot glue to use wires on most of the jigs without wire/paperclip grooves. Thanks

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title says it all. 3d printed out a bunch of jigs and tried them out with various wires, paperclips, and staples but im wondering if maybe all my stuff is either non-conductive or if im just not putting it in the right place.

Its supposed to be a simple slide jig in with the metals touching pins 1 and 10. Then turning on the Switch with the volume up and power button held at the same time. Looked up a tutorial or 2 on youtube and havent had much luck. is there perhaps a jig i could print out that has slots for the paperclip ends. i keep printing out ones where the holes are 2 small or dont have one. lacking hot glue to use wires on most of the jigs without wire/paperclip grooves. Thanks
use paper foil baby.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If all else fails, get the SX pro, it comes with s "jig", pretty good one supposedly... i know maybe not an idea solution if you weren't planning to order SX pro already, but it could save you a few headaches, so...

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol yeah been hearing alot bout it so whats the deal with it do you roll it up to make a wire like thing or lay it flat in the jig. either way im just trying to find one that works right now thats not over complicated.

Was planing to at first but i dont wanna have to wait to long for the SX to come in.

Last edited by jahrs,

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a jig on Ebay. Didn't work until I noticed the wire clip ends were short on one side. I removed the wire clip and adjusted so both ends were same length. Still didn't work. Slightly bent both wire clip ends upward. Works perfect now each and every time. Remember only slightly upward until it works.

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you push it all the way down so that the jig cant possibly go any further or is just till the wire ends are no longer visible.

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright ill give it a shot once im home. ill see if i have an extra unneeded ethernet cable anywhere to use. is there a prefered jig i could 3d print that has like wire grooves or something like that

ended up using the paperclip method

Last edited by jahrs,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's something I'd expect from ancientboi +1