• Views 1,082,021
  • Replies 3,248
  • Likes 128

tecfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi ctcaer, are you planing to support partial nand restoration for those of us with fat32 in the future or is it just not possible?
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/issues/47

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What do i have to do to untoggle this feature?
Exactly the same way you turned it on. Toggle means either turn on or turn off or to switch between two states.

does this Payload require any files on microSD?
i'd like to insert new microSD/exFAT, directly load Hekate payload and dump NAND/RAW partition
is that sounds right? or do i need to prepare something first?
A formatted SD card is all you need. No extra files required if you only want to backup your nand.

Phenj

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/issues/47

Exactly the same way you turned it on. Toggle means either turn on or turn off or to switch between two states.

A formatted SD card is all you need. No extra files required if you only want to backup your nand.
Thank you!

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Am just about to finish up dumping my Nand to my SD Card. Assuming all I wanted to do was dump the Nand, what do I do after the dump is complete? Just choose the "Shutdown" option in Hekate, remove the SD Card and just reboot like normal?

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Am just about to finish up dumping my Nand to my SD Card. Assuming all I wanted to do was dump the Nand, what do I do after the dump is complete? Just choose the "Shutdown" option in Hekate, remove the SD Card and just reboot like normal?
i would reboot and play some gamez ;)
you can do what you want , the important thing is done (backup) , you can shut down and have some rest , or reboot and play

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
i would reboot and play some gamez ;)
you can do what you want , the important thing is done (backup) , you can shut down and have some rest , or reboot and play

Thanks, but what I actually wanted to know was exactly how to go about shutting it down, eg. how should I turn it off to exit RCM mode, when do I unplug the cable etc. (I was afraid that if I chose the power off option, the Switch would then turn on normally from getting charged from the cable, without me getting a chance to unplug cable and remove SD Card).

Anyway, I chose that option and it shut down just fine without booting up from the cable, so evrything is fine:)

Reactions: mitcha

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Thanks, but what I actually wanted to know was exactly how to go about shutting it down, eg. how should I turn it off to exit RCM mode, when do I unplug the cable etc. (I was afraid that if I chose the power off option, the Switch would then turn on normally from getting charged from the cable, without me getting a chance to unplug cable and remove SD Card).

Anyway, I chose that option and it shut down just fine without booting up from the cable, so evrything is fine:)
i see , when you plug the usb c to the switch the first time it will boot normale ,just turn it completely off and do what you want ,like going rcm.
when a payload was sent you can unplug your usb c cable safelly ,if you don't use it anymore for sending another payload. ;)

Reactions: XaneTenshi

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
error 4 : happen to me too , in my case the files were not where are suposed to be.
for raw gpp :
backup/restore/rawnand.bin
for emms boot0/1 :
backup/restore/boot0 ,also boot1
for gpp partitions :
backup/restore/partitions/bcpkg2..... ,safe , system, ect ect
I was able to restore the boot0 and boot1 just now(it gave me the same error you had before). My rawnand is restoring right now. I had to get rid of the sighack version of hekate, and redownload the one from the OP. Also, delete the hekate ini file from the root of your SD card.

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I was able to restore the boot0 and boot1 just now(it gave me the same error you had before). My rawnand is restoring right now. I had to get rid of the sighack version of hekate, and redownload the one from the OP. Also, delete the hekate ini file from the root of your SD card.
peronaly i dont use the new nsp method , i convert what i love to play in layeredfs mode, im on 4.1.0 and only one donor SMO , i don't play much games.

Last edited by mitcha,

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I just dumped my nand but it seems like rawnand.bin.14 is 1gb while my other files are 2gb do you guys know if im fine or need to dump my nand again also when i run join_15_2GBparts_windows.bat nothing happens tried running it as administrator but it's still same

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got a few questions, which might be n00bish.

1. I'm using an Android phone to inject my payloads. Once I'm in the Hekate menu, can I disconnect the phone? Does it matter if I disconnect it during a NAND dump or something?
2. Can I cancel a NAND dump once I've started it? And if so, how?
3. Besides the obvious fact of being able to work with files larger than 4gb and not having to split your dump, is there any other pros and cons to using exFAT over FAT32 when doing a NAND dump?

Reactions: Azel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...