Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Last I knew you had to check an "I agree" checkbox that has a link to the rules when registering, I don't see how putting a link at the top would change current behavior of noobs not reading the rules.

People can't be bothered to read the rules, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. You could require they click a link to the rules and stay on the page for 1 minute and they're still going to just ignore what's there.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Would you sign up to a website if it asked you to read an article and answer questions based on it first?
Absolutely. Just like everyone is "supposed to read" the EULAs and rules before blindly clicking on "I agree" and entering. :rolleyes: (Nobody reads those but lawyers)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Would you sign up to a website if it asked you to read an article and answer questions based on it first?
Yes, because honestly, people should know what they are agreeing to. I think we would have issues if people knew just the most basic rules of the site before making their first post. I also believe a short simple series of questions might help reduce spammers as many of them would honestly quit than attempt to spend any more time during the signup process.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow