Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
You guys understand that there are going to be A LOT of firmware updates on 3DS in the future?

This is just the first round.... Maybe this is going to happen every three months now.

idulkoan

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:
You guys understand that there are going to be A LOT of firmware updates on 3DS in the future?

This is just the first round.... Maybe this is going to happen every three months now.
True, Nintendo is planning to update and update and update, unlike the way they updated the wii and DSi

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
just cos it boots doesnt mean it will actually play 3ds romz i have yet to see any vids of this as PROOF
tongue.gif

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
The iEdge in theory should also work.

This is great news.

Nintendo would be silly to block the flash carts straight away because how many of you would buy a 3ds if your stock cart worked on it.

Most people will be happy to buy 3D games but if your old dsi and ds games (homebrew) worked with a flashcart then its all the more reason to buy a 3DS.

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
lolzed said:
umm no...the iEdge=/=Cyclo iEvo

I would not dismiss this as most of us know that the teams are similar

For example the updates are always released days apart for compatability etc.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cartmanuk said:
lolzed said:
umm no...the iEdge=/=Cyclo iEvo

I would not dismiss this as most of us know that the teams are similar

For example the updates are always released days apart for compatability etc.
The card itself isn't the same. They can't just magically do that.

If they did though,then all card "i" cards would work.

manu-m3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thats really like in a dream!
But i think Nintendo comes back with a new Update soon!

Maybe its a trick of Nintendo and later they release real Update!

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cartmanuk said:
The iEdge in theory should also work.

This is great news.

Nintendo would be silly to block the flash carts straight away because how many of you would buy a 3ds if your stock cart worked on it.

Most people will be happy to buy 3D games but if your old dsi and ds games (homebrew) worked with a flashcart then its all the more reason to buy a 3DS.

...oh yes they would.
in fact, they would go as far as reading certain webpages like this and right this second, a nintendo official is buying one of them cards and others are already writing the basics for an update..

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not saying the card is the same.

The card is very different internally.

The OS is very similiar (not the same)

Bootstraps both use different roms.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
just cos it boots doesnt mean it will actually play 3ds romz i have yet to see any vids of this as PROOF
tongue.gif
datz b coz no1 maed it yet.

But seriously. No one ever said 3DS games worked, no one ever said there was a 3DS card.
Cards that worked on the DSi IN DS MODE and are updatabale should be able to be updated to work on the 3DS IN DS MODE. And of course, it appears that the iEvolution will run (at the very least in DS mode) on the 3DS without any updates.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sir-Fritz said:
Rock Raiyu said:
wolfmanz51 said:
CycloDS iEvolution running on 3DS in DSL mode on stock bootstrap and 2.1 firmware, no changes necessary - it just works. Unfortunately DSi mode is unable to be tested at the current time due to the lack of a Japanese region bootstrap.
I don't quite understand. Does this mean that DSi enhanced games will not work or not? Can someone clarify?
It's currently unknown if it will work or not because the cyclodsi only works in ds mode when in any jpn 3ds/dsi console.

Indeed there isn't a Japanese bootloader for the cart yet. Thus we need an EU or US 3DS to test DSi mode. Hopefully there will be a new bootloader for the Japanese region on the DSi..

-Qtis

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Clydefrosch said:
in fact, they would go as far as reading certain webpages like this and right this second, a nintendo official is buying one of them cards and others are already writing the basics for an update..

This is true.

Flash carts are not a bad thing nor is homebrew nintendo are missing out by not being apart of the homebrew scene.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rock Raiyu said:
wolfmanz51 said:
CycloDS iEvolution running on 3DS in DSL mode on stock bootstrap and 2.1 firmware, no changes necessary - it just works. Unfortunately DSi mode is unable to be tested at the current time due to the lack of a Japanese region bootstrap.
I don't quite understand. Does this mean that DSi enhanced games will not work or not? Can someone clarify?

We cannot tell at this moment, since there is no bootstrap available for the Japanese version i.e. wait for the EU/US release and then the Cyclo will be tested again

Patience
wink.gif

I believe Nintendo will amend this anyway in an upcoming update no doubt.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cartmanuk said:
Clydefrosch said:

This is true.

Flash carts are not a bad thing nor is homebrew nintendo are missing out by not being apart of the homebrew scene.

nintendo is missing out because the homebrew scene with its 4 honest homebrew only users is surrounded by an army of wat-is-homebrew?-free gamez? thiefs o.o
nintendo wants you to go any buy the games you play, all of them, not just the ones you like better, thats the way they want it.

you all should stop reading so much into this, really, its nice that it works so far, but chances are it wont for long and nobody can tell how far a firmware update can change things.
no matter what, nintendo might end up just being faster this time, ultimately, they might just shut down ds compability to get rid of them cards

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1234turtles said:
its ironic how the worst flashcart(r4) is the first to work on the 3ds i thought acekard or scds2 would have been first
Because at first, it wasnt the worst. It was one of the best during its time. It only became the worst by the fact that many other companies made themselves famous by using the r4 name and another makers firmware. That's why Nintendo went after them the most because of how widespread the name was.

C

croagunk.master

jonesman99 said:
1234turtles said:
its ironic how the worst flashcart(r4) is the first to work on the 3ds i thought acekard or scds2 would have been first
Because at first, it wasnt the worst. It was one of the best during its time. It only became the worst by the fact that many other companies made themselves famous by using the r4 name and another makers firmware. That's why Nintendo went after them the most because of how widespread the name was.
And also because the R4 team stopped making updates.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If 3DS mode gets hacked I still won't buy a flashcard, because Nintendo can have updates that block them so it's a waste of money. And yes, I WILL update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 2 of them :angry:😡:angry: ! +1