Realhotstuff removed all flashcards

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway will be arriving this afternoon. Ordered Sunday night so less than 4 days later. Very impressive. I highly recommend you guys to order from usar4.com

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus, calm the fuck down on getting refunds. Just wait 5 - 7 business days for a refund. It is not the end of the world to buy a gateway cartridge. Sheesh.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus, calm the fuck down on getting refunds. Just wait 5 - 7 business days for a refund. It is not the end of the world to buy a gateway cartridge. Sheesh.

I disagree. This is 2015. People aren't supposed to wait a full week for a refund. When I cancel or return an item on Amazon, I get my refund in 2-3 days.

Reactions: cvskid

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joy, now we have conspiracy theory types spamming up the thread along with panicked types.
Hurr durr lobbyists are a "conspiracy theory"
But yeah I doubt that N will succeed in anything besides making an example out of a few resellers
But N did succeed in shutting down bung enterprises in HK back in the N64 days and game doctor 64 did become really rare and hard to get ahold of but his was when HK was still under britbong rule might be harder now that it has been returned to communist Chinese rule funny thing is that you britbongs have even Worse government than communist china

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a friend who wants a GW but doesn't have a visa ,seems like RHS was the only one in the US that accepted CC's other than visa modchipsdirect and modchipcentral only accept visa
I also had no visa and RHS was the only US supplier close by that accepted cards other than visa
So anyone know of any other GW resellers in the US that take MasterCard ?
Preferably on the east coast
Or can I just get a prepaid visa gift card and use that?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Fake they just closed

with successful business model they had...why on earth would they just "close?

if DX didn't get pwned by the ESA, you can bet your ass they would still be selling Acekards, R4's and probably Gateway..

federal intervention happened. And it's something they can't tell us.

Nemmay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hurr durr lobbyists are a "conspiracy theory"
But yeah I doubt that N will succeed in anything besides making an example out of a few resellers
But N did succeed in shutting down bung enterprises in HK back in the N64 days and game doctor 64 did become really rare and hard to get ahold of but his was when HK was still under britbong rule might be harder now that it has been returned to communist Chinese rule funny thing is that you britbongs have even Worse government than communist china

It's a shame that RHS is completely screwed, they were a really reliable reseller that was based in the US and was very punctual with shipping. If you ordered something from there you'd have it within a few days to a week, which was very appealing.

Anyone care to summarize the what exactly happened to cause this?

Warning: Long post with random information; I'm tired and I need to step away from the internet at night.

I've personally bought my R4, CycloDS (I personally loved the aesthetic of the cart itself, and at the time of it's release, it was one of the best options. Not to mention, I still use that mental tin it came in for storing my self-rolled cigarettes), Acekard 2i, and DSTWO (I honestly hate the way it feels so fragile compared to other carts, but it's probably the best DS option at this time).

I was considering getting a GW from them since my 3DS is still on the Smash FW (it came with it out of box; I was personally hoping for a lower firmware).

Anyways, with the 3DS, I'm willing to bet that flashcarts will end up being a thing of the past in the future. It's only a matter of time until the Wii U and 3DS are hacked to the extent that from a user perspective, you can easily perform a softmod and be able to do whatever you want.

It's a shame there's so many ways you can be legally boned for developing hacks for a console and releasing them. That fear of being sued prevents some people with the ability to make progress in the scene from either getting started in the first place, or releasing what they've worked on.

Just hope that the people that stumble upon a way to accomplish this aren't in the flashcart business, because they will withhold such findings to insure people's reliance on paying for more flashcarts.

Nintendo did succeed in getting Bung shut down, and it's taken until the past few years for alternatives (albeit, better) such as the following:

Neo 64 Myth - Completely crap from an economic and convenience point of view

Everdrive 64 - Adequately made, lots of updates, various design revisions that may leave buyers of older revisions of the product unsatisfied.

64drive - Well made, two revisions, the v1 which was sent to beta testers and the v2 which is what is still sold, and recently had a considerably different and well polished firmware update; however, it lacks the community the ED64 has, and various features such as cheats. It's probably the best option for development if you know what you're doing though.

I've personally considered reverse engineering the 64drive's software and developing an alternative menu similar to the one someone made for the ED64 that first introduced features to that product such as cheats. I just haven't been able to get around to it, and I'm not going to make any promises of a release as I may not be personally satisfied with the quality if I ever do get around to working on it. I honestly just want a cheat feature for my 64drive that isn't a hassle like my current approach, which is just modifying the assembly of the ROM and so forth. Which is kind of a fruitless venture for some of the RARE titles since a good portion of the games are encrypted (Curse you, DK64).

Note: My apologies for going so off-topic, I just really love the N64.. It was my first home console that was actually mine and I have many good gaming memories from it. Not to mention, the way the Gameshark worked for the N64 was really fascinating to me and sparked and interest in a lot of development oriented activities that persist to this day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer