Gaming Recommend VPN

baronchrist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What vpn service would you recommend for Netflix and online gaming(PUBG)?
I was thinking of a free service at first but I saw a 7day paid trial offer by pure VPN for $0.99 only.
I am thinking to give it a shot. Would any of you have ever used it before?
Thanks in advance.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IP Vanish it's $10 a month but you can get it for cheaper for promotions. I use it to pirate and stream movies no issues.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What vpn service would you recommend for Netflix and online gaming(PUBG)?
I was thinking of a free service at first but I saw a 7day paid trial offer by pure VPN for $0.99 only.
I am thinking to give it a shot. Would any of you have ever used it before?
Thanks in advance.

I am using my PC/MAC and I want to watched Pluto TV in Portugal. One free VPN works great is TouchVPN. Its free and works great for PLUTO TV App in Portugal. I use it a lot. No issues and its FREE!

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do vpns actually help hide piracy?

Yes it does i also used it on the dark web also

I dont pay VPN at all. For what ? TouchVPN is good and free. Works for me so far for few months now.

Be careful bro I used free VPN in the past but it randomly shut off which led to my DMCA letter thats why I bought a reliable VPN

Last edited by Goku1992A,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be careful bro I used free VPN in the past but it randomly shut off which led to my DMCA letter thats why I bought a reliable VPN

Thank you. I will delete it immediately.

And I research and find this.. Maybe you shouldn't used it when you buy it either. Look:

Why you shouldn't use a VPN?

It Can Slow Down Your Internet Speed
Although this allows you to hide your IP address and encrypt your data, this also means, data has to travel more and with added complexity. If VPN providers you're using are not powerful enough, your internet can get very slow.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I will delete it immediately.

And I research and find this.. Maybe you shouldn't used it when you buy it either. Look:

Why you shouldn't use a VPN?

I used to use the free ones no problems to steam movies via kodi... I used Thunder VPN to be exact but when you are doing like 4 hours plus downloads it may cut off. Honestly I used my paypal to pay for IP Vanish and I didn't have problems I use them because I mostly use torrents for Nintendo games...

my other computer games that I get I can download like whatever I want. It's just weird I download a TB of computer games without a VPN and nobody says nothing but as soon as I download Yoshi's crafted world and astrochain via torrent they gave me a DMCA letter within 8 hours.. That's why I dont do free vpn anymore.

nani17

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
My NordVPN is just up might renew but interested to hear about other options if they're better ones

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to use the free ones no problems to steam movies via kodi... I used Thunder VPN to be exact but when you are doing like 4 hours plus downloads it may cut off. Honestly I used my paypal to pay for IP Vanish and I didn't have problems I use them because I mostly use torrents for Nintendo games...

my other computer games that I get I can download like whatever I want. It's just weird I download a TB of computer games without a VPN and nobody says nothing but as soon as I download Yoshi's crafted world and astrochain via torrent they gave me a DMCA letter within 8 hours.. That's why I dont do free vpn anymore.

I dont used VPN to download illegal roms and isos and KODI. I dont liked KODI anyway.

I am using it for legal Pluto TV to watch in my country.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's just weird I download a TB of computer games without a VPN and nobody says nothing but as soon as I download Yoshi's crafted world and astrochain via torrent they gave me a DMCA letter within 8 hours.. That's why I dont do free vpn anymore.
It could also happen to paid VPN.
it depends the VPN provider's policy, and whether they log user's activity and forward received DMCA notices or not.
It also depends whether your VPN share the same IP among different users or not.

If the VPN is only providing you another unique IP from another country, it's usually to bypass country dependent accesses (like Azoreseuropa and PlutoTV filtering service!)
these kind of VPN are not really anonymizing you, just providing you another IP.
paid or free VPN servers can always know who access what, and either send logs to companies to contact your ISP to contact you, or forward received notice to you if VPN requires you to create an account/mail/etc.

If you want privacy for piracy, there are specific VPN with shared IP/port forwarding/no logs.

Multiple users will have the same IP, so if a company send a DMCA letter to the VPN service stating "that client with that IP connected to that server at that time" wouldn't know which user it was as lot of users had the same IP, and they don't keep logs to know which client accessed that server at that time.

If you want privacy/piracy, be sure to learn about the VPN policy and features first.
If you want to bypass IP filters, any VPN is fine
in both cases, remember that the VPN has access to all your non encrypted data! (http, passwords, chats messages, etc. if you use IRC and talk or send sensitive info someone will have plain access to that!), and that it's putting your device in a LAN like network, be sure to verify what you are sharing (folders, network, etc.)

Do not mistaken Private with secure !
Private VPN means it's connecting private computers together (your work office with your personal computer for example, or your computer at your dad's with the one at your mom's) to share the same network.

Private VPN main use is to put two computers on the same network as if they were in LAN while they are on WAN (remote/internet) and share their files and folders!
ask yourself if you are not putting your own security at risk instead of being more secure. you might to the contrary to what you think you use VPN for.

be sure to use public VPN to not allow access from other users using the same network and you don't use local network sharing option.
Also, don't assume VPN are encrypting your connection, some are not.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it depends the VPN provider's policy, and whether they log user's activity and forward received DMCA notices or not.
It also depends whether your VPN share the same IP among different users or not.

If the VPN is only providing you another unique IP from another country, it's usually to bypass country dependent accesses (like Azoreseuropa and PlutoTV filtering service!)
these kind of VPN are not really anonymizing you, just providing you another IP.
paid or free VPN servers can always know who access what, and either send logs to companies to contact your ISP to contact you, or forward received notice to you if VPN requires you to create an account/mail/etc.

If you want privacy for piracy, there are specific VPN with shared IP/port forwarding/no logs.

Multiple users will have the same IP, so if a company send a DMCA letter to the VPN service stating "that client with that IP connected to that server at that time" wouldn't know which user it was as lot of users had the same IP, and they don't keep logs to know which client accessed that server at that time.

Makes sense. Good information.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont used VPN to download illegal roms and isos and KODI. I dont liked KODI anyway.

I am using it for legal Pluto TV to watch in my country.

Ahh okay then it's no problem then I pirate and stream movies so that's why I use a VPN. Isn't pluto free on PS4? I remember that they offered it but I couldn't find anything I liked. I just pay for Sling TV

If you want privacy/piracy, be sure to learn about the VPN policy and features first.
If you want to bypass IP filters, any VPN is fine
in both cases, remember that the VPN has access to all your non encrypted data! (http, passwords, chats messages, etc. if you use IRC and talk or send sensitive info someone will have plain access to that!), and that it's putting your device in a LAN like network, be sure to verify what you are sharing (folders, network, etc.)

VPN (private) main use is to put two computers on the same network as if they were in LAN while they are on WAN (remote/internet) and share their files and folders!
ask yourself if you are not putting your own security at risk instead of being more secure. you might to the contrary to what you think you use VPN for.

be sure to use VPN (public) to not allow access from other users using the same network.
Also, don't assume VPN are encrypting your connection, some are not.

To my knowledge IP Vanish doesn't keep any logs because I had personally tested it on the dark web along with a specific browser. (Cant say the browser for legal reasons) but trust me everything worked. In the past I had used the free VPN for kodi and I never got flagged... I only got flagged because the VPN stopped when I was downloading games. (Nintendo torrents) I been using IP vanish for the past 5 months I never gotten anymore letters. That's why I just use VPN for torrents and movies.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
As far as I know the top 3 are the following:
1) NordVPN
2) Surfshark
3) ExpressVPN

Surfshark is the absolute cheapest per month.
I'm about to switch provider from PIA. I'm looking at one of the 3.

If you REALLY CARE for security. There is no one that beats Mullvad VPN. You can send them freaking cash!

Reactions: Cyan

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This is why you either look for a VPN with a killswitch or make sure the application(s) you're routing through it support exclusive interface binding that refuses to process traffic if it's not going through the VPN itself.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I only got flagged because the VPN stopped when I was downloading games. (Nintendo torrents)
Like what searinox is saying, some torrenting app have a network interface binding option, to only allow traffics over a specific connection, and not just use the currently active one. (qbittorrent, azureus/vuze, etc.) or directly from NAS like synology and app restriction feature.

even when using what you think "more stable and always online because you pay for it" VPN service.

Last edited by Cyan,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why you either look for a VPN with a killswitch or make sure the application(s) you're routing through it support exclusive interface binding that refuses to process traffic if it's not going through the VPN itself.

IP Vanish has a killswitch option (desktop version) I'm not too sure if the mobile version haves it ... the free VPN I used in the past was Thunder VPN.

Like what searinox is saying, some torrenting app have a network interface binding option, to only allow traffics over a specific connection, and not just use the currently active one. (qbittorrent, azureus/vuze, etc.) or directly from NAS like synology and app restriction feature.

even when using what you think "more stable and always online because you pay for it" VPN service.

Ahh okay I didn't know I always use U and Bit torrent. I know the VPN I use have Kill Switch associate with it. I'm trying to pay a litle chepaer tho $10 isn't an a issue but if you add the Amazon Prime , Netflix, Microsoft Game pass , Apple Music it all adds up really fast.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
isn't it an issue to use VN with streaming services?
For example with netflix I know you can get access to other country streams which is great, but you lose some features such as your list. netflix detect that as if you were traveling.
I don't know if it's still working like that, it was when I tested VPN from canada once.

I'm not talking about abusing the netflix free month test by registering with another IP, just accessing content while VPN is active on your computer/phone, is that not an issue?

I would really love that VPN are not creating a full tunneling on the computer and only choose which app use that network interface, while keeping other app use the non VPN interface.
I suppose windows doesn't allow that natively (maybe the firewall does? or a port router app?), and apps need to have the option to "bind" to specific interface, but other app would use VPN by default if active.
It's leaving the option of VM, or NAS, or other dedicated computer.

I'd prefer a VPN provider with direct connection info, and not relying on a background windows app. For example to be able to set it into the router directly.
per month
mullvad, 5€
surfshark 10€
nordvpn 10.6€ tp 3.1€ (less if longer sub)
ExpressVPN ... no pricing on homepage? 12€ to 9€

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol