Hardware [reddit rumor]New switch leak

• Thread starter Yil
  • Start date
  • Views 14,206
  • Replies 100
  • Likes 4
D

Deleted-368796

I don't know if x86 is really that efficient... A 2016 64-bit chip still has to run binaries that were compiled for a year 2000 Pentium 4 (maybe older, but I figure the oldest chip supported by Windows 7 is sufficient for my example). There's a lot of legacy overhead that has to be maintained otherwise there will be running and screaming and possibly a pitchfork or two.
That is definitely true. Windows is very heavy from having to keep legacy support. That's pretty much what I meant when I said this
Could you imagine what modern PCs could be capable of if optimized to console levels? Sure, a lot of variables might be thrown in there.
Windoze is such a heavy OS, and Mac.... well it is less, but you can forget about gaming on an Appul.

My thoughts on it were, I wonder how much could be squeezed from a current high spec PC if it were solely built (hardware and software) to be a gaming console.
Just look at the x360 vs PS3 example. M$ was able to take lesser HW and make it nearly graphically superior to the PS3, even though the PS3 was well above the x360 in specs.
In many cases, a game running on both consoles would look and run better on the x360. A lot of that came down to poor optimization from the game devs on the PS3.
Since the PS3 was such an odd architecture, it was notoriously difficult to develop for.

So in a perfect world scenario with 100% SW optimization, a current gen x86 setup should completely smash any current gen consoles. Including whatever comes in the Switch.
I dunno, just me spitball'n at the idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ