Apple redsn0w untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 this weekend.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope somebody can make a PC tool to do the Jailbreakme 3.0 thing. I would rather use that and the DFU exploit than whatever userland one that Comex has for this one (if its a slide to jailbreak on the actual device it must be a userland, right?)
Besides I did use Jailbreakme 2.0 and didn't like the few little glitches it introduced.

unnkown95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want to use a pc why not just use redsnow or blackra1in, etc.. jailbreakme is so popular because it can be done on the device

unnkown95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
although i do have to agree with it being glitchy sometimes, hopefully when anew one does come out they will improve upon that

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well a PC based tool would just use Comex's JailbreakMe 3.0 userland exploit to untether I think. Other option is using 4.1 and some SHSH blobs from 4.1 I believe. And is there a source about this JailbreakMe 3.0?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I found some stuff by googling " "Jailbreakme 3.0" " but not much.

I will likely use the redsn0w method if it gets released and proves to be non-glitchy since I have 4.2b3 blobs. Might use Jailbreakme 3.0 if it proves unglitchy and effective.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blackra1n is pretty much obsolete. Also, it wouldn't really make sense to release the untethered userland jailbreak as jailbreakme 3.0, because if we want to use the bootrom exploit too, it would mean that one would have to jailbreak tethered with redsn0w first, and then untether with jailbreakme 3.0 (unless they incorporate the bootrom exploit in the new jailbreak)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk