Homebrew RELEASE reicast [Dreamcast emulator] for Switch/Horizon [Alpha]

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
Over 300 switch mods done on exfat and 0 corruptions. The exfat corruption happens MOSTLY on PC side.

Also thought the same, retroarch is pretty notorious for fugging up exfat. Plus developers don't support it, so why use it? You are causing nothing but headache for the devs everytime you say "Awww this homebrew isn't working!" and the issue ends up being exfat.

D

Deleted User

Also thought the same, retroarch is pretty notorious for fugging up exfat. Plus developers don't support it, so why use it? You are causing nothing but headache for the devs everytime you say "Awww this homebrew isn't working!" and the issue ends up being exfat.

Not 1 issue here so dunno what to tell you - We all been using hombrew coming up on a year. Wouldn't doubt if some of the corruptions happened on pc and users thought it was switch. Not saying its 100% but for me its been rock solid! Working with Dreamcast as well.

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
Not 1 issue here so dunno what to tell you - We all been using hombrew coming up on a year. Wouldn't doubt if some of the corruptions happened on pc and users thought it was switch. Not saying its 100% but for me its been rock solid! Working with Dreamcast as well.

Hey, if it works then that's good! I am just saying, plan ahead and convert back to FAT32 now before it's too late. I had to redownload 200GB+ of eShop games from the eshop when it courrupted mine.

D

Deleted User

i got past the part in code veronica after the lighter game plays fine a little sound skipping during fmvs

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just had two games that I thought didn't work work for me. They start with a black screen and garbled sound but I just waited then they eventually started and worked ok. So if that happens on a game give it a few minutes.

Omikron The Nomad Soul
4 Wheel Thunder

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One question is there any way to force a game that uses the dpad for controls to make it use analog stick?

Reactions: Deleted User

davidgf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heh, I see you are all crazy for cheats and widescreen.
I will look what we can do about it, I think we could have something reasonable built for reicast.
Are there any proper repositories of cheat codes and/or widescreen hacks (or any other hacks for what matters).

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, I see you are all crazy for cheats and widescreen.
I will look what we can do about it, I think we could have something reasonable built for reicast.
Are there any proper repositories of cheat codes and/or widescreen hacks (or any other hacks for what matters).

Do you think that could be added like retroach where you assign d-pad to analog for certain games? The d-pad sucks when you have to use it to move in games.

Now only saturn Is missing, great work hands down

Agreed about Saturn while technically there's Yabause for Retroarch it's not working good at all.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Hey, if it works then that's good! I am just saying, plan ahead and convert back to FAT32 now before it's too late. I had to redownload 200GB+ of eShop games from the eshop when it courrupted mine.

Again 100% and I will never go fat 32 and have to deal with limitations. Most likely user errors. Running smooth here. Any format can corrupt at any time as we are dealing with electronics.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again 100% and I will never go fat 32 and have to deal with limitations. Most likely user errors. Running smooth here. Any format can corrupt at any time as we are dealing with electronics.

I'm not going to tell you what to do that's your choice but if you're going to say something blatantly false I will give a rebuttal there hasn't been any limitations on Fat32 since like October usb install is easier and better on the switch because you can mess up with your sd card reader by removing your sd card over and over.

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States

Not a user error I can promise you that. Also as far as the limitations go, there is no switch game to date that doesn't work on FAT32. eShop games are split into sub 4GB files and carts are well obvious. Even in homebrew and emulation - All the games you can emulate on Switch (minus Lakka with it's emulators, but that's on ext4) wont go over the 4GB file limit.

So unless you plan on putting a 16TB+ sdcard in your switch, there is no problem with fat32.

D

Deleted User

Not a user error I can promise you that. Also as far as the limitations go, there is no switch game to date that doesn't work on FAT32. eShop games are split into sub 4GB files and carts are well obvious. Even in homebrew and emulation - All the games you can emulate on Switch (minus Lakka with it's emulators, but that's on ext4) wont go over the 4GB file limit.

So unless you plan on putting a 16TB+ sdcard in your switch, there is no problem with fat32.

Many of my games are past 4gb so I don't need an extra app to do anything just drag and drop. You have to split I dont.

D

Deleted User

I'm not going to tell you what to do that's your choice but if you're going to say something blatantly false I will give a rebuttal there hasn't been any limitations on Fat32 since like October usb install is easier and better on the switch because you can mess up with your sd card reader by removing your sd card over and over.

USB install works on exfat so I have no idea what you are saying. Also, sd reader can take a beating as I repair and mod these all day.

They come split from the eshop dude. I never had to manually split any file ever on my switch exfat or fat32.

My games dont come split from anywhere dude.

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
USB install works on exfat so I have no idea what you are saying. Also, sd reader can take a beating as I repair and mod these all day.

I have a FAT32 sdcard with games going well above 4GB. Diablo, Fortnite, Wolfenstein, etc. All installed on my SDCard and working as expected. There is absolutely no reason to use exfat other than you are ignorant to how it actually functions.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You keep saying we *have* to split when we don't. Usb install doesn't require that. Again do what you want but saying there's limitations on fat32 is a myth.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: the legal drinking age here in the US is 21, as some of you may know, but i think either it... +1