Hacking [Release] 3DSafe: In-NAND PIN lock for 3DS

ghostpotato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did think about this and considered making it so you had to enter the old PIN before changing it. The problem here is that if you forget the PIN, you can bypass it but then wouldn't be able to change it. To be honest, you shouldn't be walking around with your OTP on your SD card anyway so this problem should never occur. If you're bypassing the PIN, you should then be changing it and immediately deleting the OTP anyway. If you leave it on the SD card, 3DSafe becomes pointless whether you can change the PIN or not.

@gamesquest1 @metroid maniac @ghostpotato @Skyshadow101
I hope you don't mind me tagging you all, but you were all kind enough to report back your test results. Before going to 1.0, I've just uploaded one more beta version. If you could give this a try I would really appreciate it. This version removes the OTP bypass and replaces it with SHA bypass. So, if you could try the following and let me know the outcome I would be really grateful:
  1. Update to 3DSafe 0.11
  2. Put otp.bin on the root of your SD card and verify that it no longer bypasses the PIN lock
  3. Enter 3DSafe settings
  4. Press L to dump the sha.bin to the root of your SD card
  5. Reboot your 3DS and check it bypasses the PIN lock
  6. Delete sha.bin from the SD card, reboot, and ensure the bypass no longer occurs

If you could let me know about each of those steps and whether each worked I would really appreciate it.

OK! Results are in! USA O3DS 11.0.0-33U. Update now works. OTP no longer bypasses. sha.bin dumping works, and so does the bypass for it. Bypass no longer occurs without sha.bin.
In all honesty, no sarcasm, I do enjoy beta testing. If you have any other 3DS projects in the future, I'd be happy to beta test! :)

Reactions: Quantumcat

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I bricked my old N3DS with this lol something fucked up during the install in my new one I used the bible so I should have the latest version of a9lh to install this?

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Installing it lol but that was a while back we discussed i think round about page 20 I'm just about to install this on my new console I just wanted to know if I have the latest a9lh because I used the bible guide when I installed a9lh so I assumed I'm running the latest version

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Installing it lol but that was a while back we discussed i think round about page 20 I'm just about to install this on my new console I just wanted to know if I have the latest a9lh because I used the bible guide when I installed a9lh so I assumed I'm running the latest version

The a9lh version shouldn't matter.
By the "bible" guide I assume you mean Plailect's guide.

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The a9lh version shouldn't matter.
By the "bible" guide I assume you mean Plailect's guide.
Yes lol everyone else is calling that so I assume it uses V2 of a9lh
And it says on 3DSafe install instructions a9lh v1 needs to be updated is all

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pressed select and got
This is this normal when installing 3DSafe

Attachments

• IMG_8169.JPG
    IMG_8169.JPG
    618.8 KB · Views: 216
Last edited by Naked_Snake,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes lol everyone else is calling that so I assume it uses V2 of a9lh
And it says on 3DSafe install instructions a9lh v1 needs to be updated is all

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pressed select and got
This is this normal when installing 3DSafe
I've never seen that error before. It didn't happen for me when installing 3DSafe payloads, whether the initial install over the top of standard a9lh, or subsequent (update) installations.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I've never seen that error before. It didn't happen for me when installing 3DSafe payloads, whether the initial install over the top of standard a9lh, or subsequent (update) installations.
Well, the latest version of SafeA9LHinstaller definitely throws this error if there's an SHA mismatch or no SHA is present.

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The md5 all checked out for slots, I just said fuck it and installed it anyway lol works perfectly cheers for this project

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a weird issue, pressing up while booting doesn't take me to the Settings, just prompts me to enter the pin.

EDIT: Holding the last key option dosen't work either.

Last edited by Posghetti,

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a weird issue, pressing up while booting doesn't take me to the Settings, just prompts me to enter the pin.

EDIT: Holding the last key option dosen't work either.
Holding up only works when it's disabled or when rebooting. Are you holding the last key after you put in the pin or when turning your system on? It should work after typing your pin in.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holding up only works when it's disabled or when rebooting. Are you holding the last key after you put in the pin or when turning your system on? It should work after typing your pin in.

Ahh, I had to hold it after puttin my pin in? I got it now, thanks!

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question:
Is it possible to install a full CFW (such as luma) to use with this? Or would that cause a brick?

A_Bricked_Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've been using this for a while (since 0.8 to be exact) and I think updating from 0.8 to 0.11 bugged it and probably bricked it (hopefully not, I can't afford a hardmod :(). I used 3DSafe updating guide and everything went fine until I restarted after installing the payloads, then it didn't even show a setup or something like that to get my sha.bin, it booted as if nothing happened. Now it's asking for a 10 characters pin (max characters on 0.8 was 8) with no way to proceed. I have my otp, that "sha.bin" file can be generated after my otp file right..? How would I go to manually get my sha.bin using my otp to give that a shot? I hope I didn't brick in such a stupid way like this...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMuP01GlQi4