Homebrew [Release] 3DSBank - "Nintendo 3DS" folder selector

Gabkill54

Trophies
XP
Country
France
3DSBANK have deleted all data 3ds (private , nintendo 3ds) thanks for this fuuuuuu app

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

3dsbank have deleted all 3ds folder (private, nintendo 3ds) thanks app fuuuuuuuu

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DSBANK have deleted all data 3ds (private , nintendo 3ds) thanks for this fuuuuuu app

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

3dsbank have deleted all 3ds folder (private, nintendo 3ds) thanks app fuuuuuuuu
Please check if they're moved to a folder in the 3DSBank folder.
If they're there, you should be able to restore it by selecting the folder in 3DSBank.
If they're indeed gone, then I'm sorry for your loss. Such causes could be a dying SD card. The 3DSBank app itself cannot delete folders.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: fmkid
D

Deleted User

If I made a new 3DS Menu and then I realised it wasn't necessary, how do I go about deleting it.
It will definitely not be the original 3DS Menu that I plan to delete and I have no problem if the Games inside are gone because I can easily reinstall them.

Thank you beforehand.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I made a new 3DS Menu and then I realised it wasn't necessary, how do I go about deleting it.
It will definitely not be the original 3DS Menu that I plan to delete and I have no problem if the Games inside are gone because I can easily reinstall them.

Thank you beforehand.
In 3DSBank, switch to the one you do want to use, and then delete the number reported by 3DSBank when switching, in "sd:/3DSBank/".

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

In 3DSBank, switch to the one you do want to use, and then delete the number reported by 3DSBank when switching, in "sd:/3DSBank/".

... So I'm having my first issue with this Application, but it may be due to me doing something outside of its parameters.
Here is a breakdown of what I did before my problem began:
  • I used the Nintendo 3DS Wi-Fi to my Laptop to quickly edit the 3DSBank.INI, to change the Menu name, and transfer some regular-sized CIA files
  • I managed to rename the newly created Menu, which registered as SLOT_NAME_2 and saved my changes
  • I tried copying some CIA files from the Laptop files to the 3DS CIA Folder and got a Locked Disk error, so I disconnected, tried once more which came back with the same error at which point I terminated the connection altogether.

Afterwards, I ran 3DSBank to get back to my Main 3DS Menu, and I could not get out of this new Menu I made.
The Application said I was already in my Main 3DS Menu, shown by the title that it uses; I then tried to go to my Second 3DS Menu, but it kept me on this new Menu I made.

Finally, I turned off my New 3DS XL USA, took the Micro SD out and plugged it into my Laptop.
This is what I see now from the Folder Tree:

2021-01-04_143449.png

It shows only 2 Folders, or Slots.
This is what I see now from the 3DSBank.INI:

2021-01-04_143426.png

So now I'm unsure what to do. I checked the Size of my Micro SD and it's the exact size with what should be all 3 Folders, so I don't think anything has been deleted, but I don't know how to do these things:
  • Get back the new Menu I created to its original SLOT_NAME_2 when I don't see its Folder being available in the Folder Tree
  • Get my Main 3DS Menu back when SLOT_NAME_0 is currently used by the new Menu

I'd appreciate some help. Thank you beforehand.

Last edited by , , Reason: Making my Attachments less unsightly.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now I'm unsure what to do. I checked the Size of my Micro SD and it's the exact size with what should be all 3 Folders, so I don't think anything has been deleted, but I don't know how to do these things:
  • Get back the new Menu I created to its original SLOT_NAME_2 when I don't see its Folder being available in the Folder Tree
  • Get my Main 3DS Menu back when SLOT_NAME_0 is currently used by the new Menu

I'd appreciate some help. Thank you beforehand.
  • If it's not in the folder tree, then you're already using the new menu.
    Just simply add the SLOT_NAME_2 value.
    If it's the current one, set FOLDER_SLOT to 2.
  • It seems you'll have to pick another number for FOLDER_SLOT. Either that, or I'm confused.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

If it's not in the folder tree, then you're already using the new menu.
Just simply add the SLOT_NAME_2 value.
If it's the current one, set FOLDER_SLOT to 2.

I see - now I understand how this 3DSBank works.
I'll give it a try now.

Edit:
So I added the missing line in 3DSBank.INI:
  • Added SLOT_NAME_2
  • Set FOLDER_SLOT to 2
I initially thought there should be a Slot Folder for each Menu, and since I hadn't paid attention after making my new Menu, I couldn't remember whether there was one before or not.

That said, your troubleshooting worked like a charm and everything is intact.
Thank you again.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: RocketRobz

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify - do I need some kind of homebrew to launch this thing, or do you inject it and it "just works"? I'm looking to add this to a friend's 3DS, as he has finally reached the 300 app limit.
You can just simply install the CIA file.
If you have no way of installing CIA files and/or no way of running homebrew, then follow this guide: https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Reactions: fmkid

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Luma3DS is custom firmware (CFW). There's already a Homebrew "Channel" for the 3DS.
Now I'm more confused. I'm a bit of a noob to this, so bear with me: Do I have to have this Luma thing? Will I not be able to install 3DSBank without it?

I'd just like the most basic, the most bare-bones homebrew solution possible; I don't want to have to completely modify the 3DS to get from untouched to moving files like a pro.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm more confused. I'm a bit of a noob to this, so bear with me: Do I have to have this Luma thing? Will I not be able to install 3DSBank without it?

I'd just like the most basic, the most bare-bones homebrew solution possible; I don't want to have to completely modify the 3DS to get from untouched to moving files like a pro.
Yes, you have to install Luma. It's because installing DSiWare CIAs cannot be done via userland methods.

Sassokee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I already have reached the 300 icon limit and was using FBI to launch games that were not in the home menu, will I need to reinstall all games to get them organised in different banks?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: in that case.. Both +1