• Poll closed .

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I finally got the GUI up and running. Still need to iron out one or two things before I make the release (May just be later today).

PS. The screenshot was taken with the CITRA so the results are obviously incorrect. However, I have tested this on my 3DS, and it does work really well(and fast :P). I'll push the changes to the GUI branch in a bit.

GKyAPJK.png

Edit: Looks like this on a real 3DS:
gJiGraq.jpg

Last edited by Joel16,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Alright so I finally got the GUI up and running. Still need to iron out one or two things before I make the release (May just be later today).

PS. The screenshot was taken with the CITRA so the results are obviously incorrect. However, I have tested this on my 3DS, and it does work really well(and fast :P). I'll push the changes to the GUI branch in a bit.

GKyAPJK.png

Edit: Looks like this on a real 3DS:
gJiGraq.jpg
Waiting for the release :)
BTW Are you motivated to work on the wiiu scene, is a console with a lot of potential (see RetroArch WiiU and WiiuBru's work)?

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehh, I'm not too interested in Nintendo devices lol, I only got the 3DS for Monster hunter and pokemon.
Right now I'm back in college so I'll get really busy again in a bit, but I have been putting some time into the PS Vita scene. I haven't done much apart from VITAident, but I'm looking into developing some useful plugins for the device. So yeah, I don't think I'll be getting the WII U. My roomate owns one but he won't let me hack it:cry:

Reactions: Billy Acuña

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DSident v0.7.1 is up.

Not many changes, but some minor fixes and the new GUI version. Now both VITAident and 3DSident are finally on par with each other :P

Change-log:

Original:

• Fixed banner.wav (finally) thanks to zoogie for letting me know about this.
  • The NNID is displayed properly. This time it shows both your username and ID.
  • Fixed a problem that caused crashes when de-initializing actu.
  • Add an additional check to prevent crashes while exiting.
GUI: (For those using the GUI version, please extract the contents from 3DSident.zip to your sd. So it should be /3ds/3DSident/res/)

• New Ubuntu-like UI similar to VITAident.
  • Values are properly refreshed.
  • Added a slight delay to prevent text from appearing glitch-y.
These builds also displays the friend code. However, the friend code displayed is most likely incorrect, so just be aware of that. Also take note, from now on I'm officially discontinuing the 3dsx builds. They will receive updates like usual, but most of the information displayed will not be accurate. This is because certain services cannot be accessed via the homebrew launcher.

GHiJeQZ.png

oTfdeR4.png

Download (Once again just a reminder for those using the GUI version, please extract the contents from 3DSident.zip to your sd. It should then be /3ds/3DSident/res/)

Last edited by Joel16,

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checked out the GUI CIA version for the first time. Very nice! Just a heads up: the serial number doesn't properly display. I get a something like a three-character output. Closed out and rebooted and got it again. Didn't get it on 0.7.1 non-GUI.

Great work nonetheless! Love the app.

Kartik

Trophies
XP
Country
India
3DSident v0.7.1 is up.

Not many changes, but some minor fixes and the new GUI version. Now both VITAident and 3DSident are finally on par with each other :P

Change-log:

Original:

• Fixed banner.wav (finally) thanks to zoogie for letting me know about this.
  • The NNID is displayed properly. This time it shows both your username and ID.
  • Fixed a problem that caused crashes when de-initializing actu.
  • Add an additional check to prevent crashes while exiting.
GUI: (For those using the GUI version, please extract the contents from 3DSident.zip to your sd. So it should be /3ds/3DSident/res/)

• New Ubuntu-like UI similar to VITAident.
  • Values are properly refreshed.
  • Added a slight delay to prevent text from appearing glitch-y.
These builds also displays the friend code. However, the friend code displayed is most likely incorrect, so just be aware of that. Also take note, from now on I'm officially discontinuing the 3dsx builds. They will receive updates like usual, but most of the information displayed will not be accurate. This is because certain services cannot be accessed via the homebrew launcher.

GHiJeQZ.png

oTfdeR4.png

Download (Once again just a reminder for those using the GUI version, please extract the contents from 3DSident.zip to your sd. It should then be /3ds/3DSident/res/)
That GUI looks awesome!! Thanks for this... :yay3ds::yay3ds:

Reactions: Joel16

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checked out the GUI CIA version for the first time. Very nice! Just a heads up: the serial number doesn't properly display. I get a something like a three-character output. Closed out and rebooted and got it again. Didn't get it on 0.7.1 non-GUI.

Great work nonetheless! Love the app.

That's pretty weird. Just tested it on mine and its working fine here. It's weird how its working on the non-GUI version, but not on the GUI. Either way, I'll try looking into it later. I'll probably release a minor update soon to make it use ROM FS instead of having it load assets externally.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty weird. Just tested it on mine and its working fine here. It's weird how its working on the non-GUI version, but not on the GUI. Either way, I'll try looking into it later. I'll probably release a minor update soon to make it use ROM FS instead of having it load assets externally.
The serial number shows fine for me.

Reactions: Joel16

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The serial number shows fine for me.

Yeah, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
I'll try making sure the services are properly initialized in the next version. If that's not the cause then idk what is. It's extremely odd that its working on his original one but not the GUI though.

Edit: Holy shit, 220K downloads! this is more than anything I've achieved. (Even my old crappy NDS videos which are now deleted haha)

Thank you all for supporting my project!

Last edited by Joel16,
Reactions: Madridi

Aglaophotis

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any way to keep 3DSident from creating the 3ds folder on my card?
I'm cleaning up my SD and I don't use Homebrew Launcher so I deleted the whole 3ds folder. But every time I open 3DSident it creates this folder... it's a bit annoying to have it there only for one single tool. I know it's for the screenshots, but what if I don't use the screenshot feature?

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to keep 3DSident from creating the 3ds folder on my card?
I'm cleaning up my SD and I don't use Homebrew Launcher so I deleted the whole 3ds folder. But every time I open 3DSident it creates this folder... it's a bit annoying to have it there only for one single tool. I know it's for the screenshots, but what if I don't use the screenshot feature?

Hmm, would you prefer to have it the way the GUI uses it then? L+R takes a screenshot, therefore there wouldn't be any need to use any configs or anything, and in the end you won't even need the /3DSident folder. I'm also gonna be using romfs for the next version so it shouldn't need the /3DSident folder there either. However, the screenshots will have to be placed somewhere. I'm currently thinking of a DCIM folder, or wherever it is that the 3DS stores screenshots in.

huh. I'll snap a screenshot to show you what I'm talking about. I've reloaded the app (and rebooted the 3ds) multiple times just to make sure and yup, same issue. obvi not a big deal, just a FYI.

Ok, please do because I haven't seen anything like this unless its running from the homebrew launcher.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i70? that's weird. In the 3dsx version I think it shows something like a reverse pi. I'll see what I can do about it.

The 3DSident_GUI (3dsx version) will just hang when I press exit.

Dang, didn't know about that. I don't use the 3dsx builds at all, that's why I stated I would be discontinuing them. Looks like I'm gonna have to make the GUI a CIA exclusive. Sorry about that.

Aglaophotis

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm, would you prefer to have it the way the GUI uses it then? L+R takes a screenshot, therefore there wouldn't be any need to use any configs or anything, and in the end you won't even need the /3DSident folder. I'm also gonna be using romfs for the next version so it shouldn't need the /3DSident folder there either. However, the screenshots will have to be placed somewhere. I'm currently thinking of a DCIM folder, or wherever it is that the 3DS stores screenshots in.
This sounds like a good idea! I'd definitely prefer to use buttons for a screenshot in case I really need one.
As for the folder.. What about straight into the SD root without any folder? But I think the best would be to implement an option for a custom path. For example, pressing Select or something like that when 3DSident is open where you can choose or type in a path. But I don't know how complicated that would be to implement.
And I have a suggestion for the png files. How about using date and time in the file name when they're created? Especially since you want to change to the button method so one might create more than one screenshot.

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i70? that's weird. In the 3dsx version I think it shows something like a reverse pi. I'll see what I can do about it.

It's actually "i?0" but yea, .cia version and the non-GUI .cia version shows it fine. I mean it's nbd, just figured I'd try to help squash bugs. love the app!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1