• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling screen types are hardcoded somewhere when the 3DS is made, so I guess it won't change.
I can say from experience that replacing a bottom TN with an IPS caused 3dsident to identify the changed screen accurately. Definitely not hardcoded on the 3DS from the factory.

EthanAddict

An investment to nothingness
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
oh why thank you

the main reason I wanted to do this is because the only other one was programmed in Lua for use with lpp-3ds, so it was a small thing I made in a couple of minutes. Didn't know it'd grow so much though ^_^

Anyway, thanks for the good work:D, very useful, mostly when doing NFIRM downgrades!

Reactions: Joel16

Lisp

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello Joel16, I got an 3ds xl whose serial number on the device differs from that shown in 3dsident. I am afraid whether the device has some problem and I want to know how 3dsident obtains device serial (from a file or what). I look into the source code and find the related function char * getSerialNum(void) and Result cfgsSecureInfoGetSerialNo(char *serial), but I cannot really comprehend them since I am not familiar with 3ds files. Does 3dsident get device serial from a file or directly from the hardware?

Last edited by Lisp,

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello Joel16, I got an 3ds xl whose serial number on the device differs from that shown in 3dsident. I am afraid whether the device has some problem and I want to know how 3dsident obtains device serial (from a file or what). I look into the source code and find the related function char * getSerialNum(void) and Result cfgsSecureInfoGetSerialNo(char *serial), but I cannot really comprehend them since I am not familiar with 3ds files. Does 3dsident get device serial from a file or directly from the hardware?
File.
Your 3DS may have been motherboard or region swapped, either way (you probably can't use eShop if it's the latter) but nothing bad has really happened.

Reactions: Lisp

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I believe it obtains the serial key from your secureInfo_A, so yes it's a file.

Reactions: Lisp

Lisp

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I believe it obtains the serial key from your secureInfo_A, so yes it's a file.
Thanks! Awesome software... I contacted the seller then and finally learnt that the motherboard of the device has really been swapped. Obtaining the serial key from secureInfo_A is usually reliable since it is storaged in the motherboard, which can seldom be modified. I have also contacted some other players using 3dsident, and figure out that this software also works well on A9LH systems (even on emulated systems), though the EMU secureInfo_A can be modified easier. Whatever good job, this software help me know clear about a suspicious device and make a right decision. Thanks again for all the functions realized in 3dsindent and your hard work :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

File.
Your 3DS may have been motherboard or region swapped, either way (you probably can't use eShop if it's the latter) but nothing bad has really happened.
You are right and the motherboard of the device has really been swapped = =...maybe it does not matter much if you just use it to play games, but that situation occurs on a Fire Emblem Fates Edition n3ds xl with dual ips screens, which I was going to turn into a collection. Having been motherboard-swapped makes it less collectible lol...so I finally give it up:rolleyes:

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
is it possible to shows the refresh rate value of top and bottom screen

when you install Config_v11_4_NAND.cia you can see it in LCD Setting
but it only install in usa and eur.I fail install it in my jap 3ds

Last edited by srwgin,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I haven't updated this in a while, and I'm thinking of doing it soon before I get really busy again with school. I know a few people asked about the GUI version which I posted about a while ago. Anyways about that, I'm completely redesigning it to a similar design guideline found on Ubuntu. I find the interface much cleaner and easier to use. If you have stayed up to date with my VITA version (VITAident), you'd notice the GUI preview I posted a while ago here, has already been ported on the VITA. However, both versions are getting a complete overhaul. I have tested the VITA version and its working very nicely. I just wanted your opinion for the 3DS one. If people do want an alternate GUI version, which will look like this, please let me know:

Va4oW0i.jpg

3E2RW91.jpg

Last edited by Joel16,

EthanAddict

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
So I haven't updated this in a while, and I'm thinking of doing it soon before I get really busy again with school. I know a few people asked about the GUI version which I posted about a while ago. Anyways about that, I'm completely redesigning it to a similar design guideline found on Ubuntu. I find the interface much cleaner and easier to use. If you have stayed up to date with my VITA version (VITAident), you'd notice the GUI preview I posted a while ago here, has already been ported on the VITA. However, both versions are getting a complete overhaul. I have tested the VITA version and its working very nicely. I just wanted your opinion for the 3DS one. If people do want an alternate GUI version, which will look like this, please let me know:

It looks like Ubuntu's "About this computer".

Last edited by EthanAddict,

Dragios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
pU3wZsL.png

Some attributes are not working or bug?
Serial number is not displayed with proper numbers.
Battery percentage always shows at 127% irregardless of my battery level.
Battery voltage is at 0 all the time.
Volume slider info is not updated when I slide the volume up/down.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 11 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Never see this before. Very cool.

Need to add motherboard/CPU temperature C* or F* to display on screen (must have purple or pink star then display temperature). That is all.

Like today in technology we can do check temperatures on our computers.

Last edited by console,

EthanAddict

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
Never see this before. Very cool.

Need to add motherboard/CPU temperature C* or F* to display on screen (must have purple or pink star then display temperature). That is all.

Like today in technology we can do check temperatures on our computers.

This is impossible without a cpu thermal sensor integrated into the 3ds(there isn't one AFAIK)...

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pU3wZsL.png

Some attributes are not working or bug?
Serial number is not displayed with proper numbers.
Battery percentage always shows at 127% irregardless of my battery level.
Battery voltage is at 0 all the time.
Volume slider info is not updated when I slide the volume up/down.

Im guessing you're using the 3dsx version? I should mention that I don't support that anymore because some services cannot be accessed.

Dragios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Im guessing you're using the 3dsx version? I should mention that I don't support that anymore because some services cannot be accessed.
Yup, the 3dsx version. You should have mentioned it in the front page and also if possible list out the info's that cannot be read or shown on the 3dsx version.

Will the 3dsx version get ported to GUI as well since you mentioned is not supported anymore?

Last edited by Dragios,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j