Homebrew RELEASE [RELEASE] Amiga Emulator UAE4All2 for Switch

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really excellent work, I appreciate what you’re doing.

Played Agony on my Switch last night and it was just as good as playing it on my A500 :yayswitch:

Reactions: rsn8887

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Update v1.94
https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/latest
or here on gbatemp:
Amiga Emulator UAE4All2 for Switch

- fix hdf settings with non-zero hd dir causing wrong mounted drives
- implement .adz floppy disk format support (read only)
- widescreen file dialog to show longer filenames

2019021300154900-17F7D349D6A1508C316B144FC19A67A7.jpg

2019021300192100-17F7D349D6A1508C316B144FC19A67A7.jpg

Last edited by rsn8887,

Nocturnalstev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tested sensible world of soccer hdf and it playing really good , saving and loading from adf is also working. Pure quality even in this early release
Hi, any chance you can share the hdf file and how you got it running? I couldnt get SWOS adf's running at all - literally the only game I really care about ;) For those who know, know

Nocturnalstev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a swos.hdf file but it was some new 16/17 file - can anyone please PM me or share link to the original SWOS 96/97 hdf file please whilst I wait for 128gb Ransom download :wink:

Cheers

Last edited by Nocturnalstev,

declantm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I know it's a long shot but has anyone managed to get Times of Lore working properly? Whenever I run it, it runs too fast and the display is corrupt at the bottom of the screen. I tried changing the Blitter settings and different chipsets but couldn't fix the issue. I would really like to play this game again as it's the very first RPG I ever played.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know it's a long shot but has anyone managed to get Times of Lore working properly? Whenever I run it, it runs too fast and the display is corrupt at the bottom of the screen. I tried changing the Blitter settings and different chipsets but couldn't fix the issue. I would really like to play this game again as it's the very first RPG I ever played.
Did you try adf version?
I recall some hdf running too fast in which case try adf

Nocturnalstev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else experienced a weird white screen problem?

Everything with the emulator was working fine for days, now when I go to open it I get stuck on a white screen and nothing happens, I have tried removing and re-installing but still get the same result - could something else I installed on the SD card be the problem?

It finally black screen errors out to code 2168-0002

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
I suspect your kick rom files got corrupted. Are you using exfat? If yes, don’t. Exfat will always eventually corrupt files.

I would copy over your hdf and kick roms (contents of kickstart folder) fresh.

Your config files could also have corrupted. Take look in conf folder and or rename it to see if that is the problem.

Also: try to restart the Switch. I remember I think there is some kind of limit how many homebrew apps can be loaded before a restart is required.

Last edited by rsn8887,

Nocturnalstev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspect your kick rom files got corrupted. Are you using exfat? If yes, don’t. Exfat will always eventually corrupt files.

I would copy over your hdf and kick roms (contents of kickstart folder) fresh.

Your config files could also have corrupted. Take look in conf folder and or rename it to see if that is the problem.

Also: try to restart the Switch. I remember I think there is some kind of limit how many homebrew apps can be loaded before a restart is required.

Got it sorted now. Removed the whole directory and started again from scratch, some rogue nsp or other file must of done something to the file system on the SD card

One thing I did notice is that this happened after a crash loading up a SWOS 96/97 save state file - got a crazy crash after trying to load the state file - will post if it happens again

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Remember to start all you homebrew using nsp injection, NOT via album.

Hold R pressed when starting any installed nsp game, hbmenu will appear. Then start uae4all2 from there.

Starting this way makes the on-screen keyboard work, gives the homebrew app MUCH more memory (1 GB instead of 180 MB), and also if it crashes, you don't have to restart the Switch.

Nocturnalstev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember to start all you homebrew using nsp injection, NOT via album.

Hold R pressed when starting any installed nsp game, hbmenu will appear. Then start uae4all2 from there.

Starting this way makes the on-screen keyboard work, gives the homebrew app MUCH more memory (1 GB instead of 180 MB), and also if it crashes, you don't have to restart the Switch.

I didnt know about this at all, I tried but couldn't get it working, I'm using Reinx though? Did you create a seperate Uae nsp file?

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
The method described above (holding r while launching any game) only works in SX OS and atmosphere. In atmosphere you have to make sure hbl_tid is set to “app” in loader.ini file, so the “holding r” button method is enabled.

For a long time now, this has been the preferred method to launch homebrew, not album.

It is not well communicated by cfw devs however.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/modules/loader.md#hbl-support

The above doc hasn’t been updated to say that hbl_tid can be set to “app” allow overriding of any app.

There’s no need for a separate uae nsp. Any app can be hijacked by holding r.

Last edited by rsn8887,

Witcher1979

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is amazing thank you.

I have wb3.1 installed with the complete whdload packs from KG over on eab. But rainbow islands still freezes with his whdload version. Does anyone have a working whdload version of this game. Everything else I have tried works great.

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
New version 1.95

Download: https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/latest

I added .zip floppy format support. And the Switch version is now also compiled with optimization level 3.

Changelog

• add support for .zip floppy files (read-only)
  • on Switch, also compile with optimization level 3

benecol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This application is really great. Thanks to it I played some great games again. It's great that you constantly support and develop this project by adding new features. I had some stability problems due to the formatting of the eXfat card, I know it's Switch's fault, so I changed the formatting to FAT32 and now everything works properly.

Reactions: rsn8887

Nocturnalstev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok I am running on Reinx so I doubt there is a way to run it overriding using this exploit yet?

The method described above (holding r while launching any game) only works in SX OS and atmosphere. In atmosphere you have to make sure hbl_tid is set to “app” in loader.ini file, so the “holding r” button method is enabled.

For a long time now, this has been the preferred method to launch homebrew, not album.

It is not well communicated by cfw devs however.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/modules/loader.md#hbl-support

The above doc hasn’t been updated to say that hbl_tid can be set to “app” allow overriding of any app.

There’s no need for a separate uae nsp. Any app can be hijacked by holding r.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
ReiNX does have override but it works a little bit differently. You'd be better asking in their Discord channel or in the ReiNX thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land