Homebrew RELEASE [RELEASE] Amiga Emulator UAE4All2 for Switch

dormeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone link me up with some .hdf files? Not to sound like a nob but I can’t be arsed downloading ransoms massive set :’)

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Use the WHDLoad version instead. CD Rom ISOs are not supported. There are only very few CD-based games on Amiga, and afaik they all have WHDLoad versions that run as .hdf

I might be wrong though. I have never been interested in CD games on Amiga. The quality of CD32 games was pretty abysmal.

dormeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use the WHDLoad version instead. CD Rom ISOs are not supported. There are only very few CD-based games on Amiga, and afaik they all have WHDLoad versions that run as .hdf

I might be wrong though. I have never been interested in CD games on Amiga. The quality of CD32 games was pretty abysmal.

Thanks for answering! And that’s fair, they’re nearly all rubbish from what I’ve seen but I did hear ‘Simon The Sorcerer’ had some pretty funny voice acting.

I’m pretty confused as to how you actually load WHDLoad files, I’ve only been using .adf so far

steviebwoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have a bootable hdf of the 2016/17 SWOS Community Pack that doesn't crash at the end of the season please?

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for this great port! I love to play my all time favourite Amiga games on my Switch!
There is a bug I've encountered. I've reassigned button layout for Slamtilt for easy playability, which is working very fine. I've assigned L and R for the flippers, L works without a problem, but R doesn't respond or does respond after a 1 second lag. conf file is attached. I hope it's an easy fix.
I've added the txt extension on purpose so it can be uploaded and ready to read in any textviewer. To use with the emulator, just remove the ".txt" and put it into "conf" folder in uae4all2.

Attachments

• Slam Tilt - The Pinball Game (AGA)_Disk1.conf.txt
    17.7 KB · Views: 169

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
I have played many sessions of Slamtilt without a problem. I have to checkout your config.

In the meantime, what if you use ZR button instead of R? Still the same problem?
What if you use L for left flipper and ZL for right flipper (just to test)? Still a problem? I am trying to determine if it is the right joycon that is the problem.

Can you try CPU Speed 7 MHZ and 14 MHZ?

Another thing I can imagine, maybe you mapped something to the analog stick, and the analog stick is somehow sending a signal? You could try to remove the analog stick mapping.

I will know more once I try your config.

Last edited by rsn8887,

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
@CaptainHIT : I tested your config on my Switch and both L and R flipper controls worked perfectly. I should mention I am testing on ofw 7.0.1, latest SX OS 2.6.2 beta, but that shouldn't matter.

The only thing I can imagine is either a) your right joycon is acting up, or b) maybe you are launching the emulator via album? Always launch via nsp-injection, e.g. holding R pressed while starting a nsp.

Your config uses the highest MHZ setting (56 MHz), which is not really so good for games. A real A1200 only had 14 MHZ, a real A500 had 7 MHZ. Slamtilt is a A1200 game and runs slightly smoother with 14 MHZ CPU speed.

Last edited by rsn8887,

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@CaptainHIT : I tested your config on my Switch and both L and R flipper controls worked perfectly. I should mention I am testing on ofw 7.0.1, latest SX OS 2.6.2 beta, but that shouldn't matter.

The only thing I can imagine is either a) your right joycon is acting up, or b) maybe you are launching the emulator via album? Always launch via nsp-injection, e.g. holding R pressed while starting a nsp.

Your config uses the highest MHZ setting (56 MHz), which is not really so good for games. A real A1200 only had 14 MHZ, a real A500 had 7 MHZ. Slamtilt is a A1200 game and runs slightly smoother with 14 MHZ CPU speed.
Yes, I was launching via album (while holding that "R" button to get into hbmenu). Updating to Atmosphère 8.8.0 solved the problem. I didn't know that I put the system clock to 56MHz, I guess it was done by mistake because I know that a stock A1200 uses 14MHz. Now the problem is fixed. Thanks for your help. ;)

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear, you should always hold R on a game instead of the album to launch uae.

That way, all the memory is available to the emulator, and the touch keyboard for Config Save as... and other options will work correctly.

Last edited by rsn8887,
Reactions: CaptainHIT

rsn8887

OP
Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
You mean before the menu even comes up?

If you are on 8.0.x you will have to wait. All homebrew that was compiled with current version of libnx (v2.1) will have to be recompiled once libnx v2.2 is released. Otherwise it won’t work on 8.0.x.

If you are on 7.0.x it should work. I am using SX OS and 7.0.1 for my tests now.

Last edited by rsn8887,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It actually works fine on 8.0.1. I believe Retroarch only needed to be updated for specific stuff like overclocking, and was already lagging behind with stuff like pthreads.

Nocturnalstev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean before the menu even comes up?

If you are on 8.0.x you will have to wait. All homebrew that was compiled with current version of libnx (v2.1) will have to be recompiled once libnx v2.2 is released. Otherwise it won’t work on 8.0.x.

If you are on 7.0.x it should work. I am using SX OS and 7.0.1 for my tests now.

All working fine now starting from scratch with the correct files ;)

Reactions: rsn8887

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok