Homebrew [RELEASE] Anemone3DS - A Complete Theme and Splash Manager for your 3DS!

D

Deleted User

I'd just like to state while this is great work, it does look a lot like themely.

I didn't even realize Themely wasn't open source anymore.

Reactions: OrGoN3

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
i try the latest release and take a bug when i try to install shuffle theme .

When i try to install with select , i received a FAILURE top screen and the app stuck

When i go back to home menu , i had to re create theme option on home menu or themely and this app dont work

greetings

Reactions: astronautlevel

astronautlevel

OP
Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
i try the latest release and take a bug when i try to install shuffle theme .

When i try to install with select , i received a FAILURE top screen and the app stuck

When i go back to home menu , i had to re create theme option on home menu or themely and this app dont work

greetings
I'll look into it, thanks for the bug report!

I can see each Splashes name but pressing A does nothing / Start. (They are in individual folders)
The splashes install very very quickly, you likely won't even notice they installed. Also, this doesn't enable the "show splash" option in the luma config - you'll need to do that yourself.
"Anemone" sounds like the iOS Cydia tweak anemone
That's where the inspiration for the name came from

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to state while this is great work, it does look a lot like themely.

Even the menu options on the top screen are the same as Themely's. Does it work in the same manner?

I do like how it also does splash screens. I'm always a fan of your work, mr. astronaut :grog:

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very excited for this! The button hints on top are very helpful unlike Themely. All I ask is if you can add a hint for exiting with start, as noobs don't know that.

Reactions: astronautlevel

astronautlevel

OP
Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States

There's only so many ways to skin a cat - the UI was inspired by themely, but I changed a lot of small things that annoyed me (for instance, I hated having to get my stylus out to press the shuffle button).

Even the menu options on the top screen are the same as Themely's. Does it work in the same manner?

I do like how it also does splash screens. I'm always a fan of your work, mr. astronaut :grog:
Actually, they use entirely different graphical libraries! Themely uses sf2d, which is deprecated now, while this uses pp2d by BernardoGiordano (same guy who makes PKSM), which is a really great library and more or less the only reason I was able to get the UI working in basically 2-3 days.

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
banner.png

Today I am excited to finally announce the first official alpha release of my theme and boot splash manager,
Anemone3DS.

The features of the theme manager include:
  • Support for installing a single theme to your 3DS
  • Support for installing up to 10 shuffle themes
  • Support for previewing your themes before installing them
  • Support for installing boot splashes (Luma3DS only)
Features that weren't ready in time for the initial release, but are coming soon(TM?):
  • BGM preview through BCSTM playback
  • QR code reading to install themes from QR codes
  • Support for boot splashes on CFWs other than Luma3DS
  • Custom colors for the theme manager
  • Custom paths for the themes and splashes
  • Splash previews
  • Install BGM only
Usage:
  1. Create the /Themes/ and /Splashes/ folders on your SD card
  2. Put all of your themes in the /Themes/ folder. These can either be zips, or folders.
  3. Put all of your splashes in the /Splashes/ folder. These must be folders.
  4. Instructions for usage are available once you're in the app.
  5. One undocumented feature I forgot about and am too lazy to fix now because it's 3 AM and I'm tired as hell from working on boot splashes for the past 2 hours: pressing START will quick reboot your 3DS. This is necessary for themes to apply properly.
  6. NOTE: For the battery indicator to work properly in .3dsx format, it is required to use SM patches. Otherwise, it will display "0%"
Credits:
Too lazy to copy it here, see the Github.

Source link: https://github.com/astronautlevel2/Anemone3DS

Download link: https://github.com/astronautlevel2/Anemone3DS/releases/latest

Screenshot:
View attachment 97385
oh boi too bad that i dont have a cfw 3ds

roflrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From the comment above about Splashes, with the A button not looking like it was doing anything, I've got that as well. Nothing visually happens that my eye can catch (if anything). Luma3DS has been configured to work with Splashes.

astronautlevel

OP
Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
From the comment above about Splashes, with the A button not looking like it was doing anything, I've got that as well. Nothing visually happens that my eye can catch (if anything). Luma3DS has been configured to work with Splashes.
Yeah, nothing visually happens. I should really add a "splash screen installed" for like half a second or something to make it obvious it did work :P

Looking over my 3 AM code, the splash install probably won't work if there's no /luma/splash.bin and /luma/splashbottom.bin already. I'll take a look once I get some breakfast and a coffee and wake up some.

Reactions: LuigiXL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Good deal. I love Sun chips