Homebrew [RELEASE] Anemone3DS - A Complete Theme and Splash Manager for your 3DS!

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ty I been trying to find the info on how to use splashes in anemone since I put cfw on my 2ds xl.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh dang, how did I miss this one?

I'll be abstaining for a while. :(

There are two certain emulators and GM9 script(s) that can no longer be avoided.

♪ I'll be back! ♪
astronautlevel said:
Beta release of v2.1.0.

The main purpose of this beta is to test the compatibility of the new QR code scanner as much as possible before the v2.1.0 release. Full change-log below:

Bugfixes:

• Changed Title ID to not conflict with a game - this means you'll have to uninstall the old version of Anemone3DS after updating to v2.1.0.

• Fixed various bugs caused by an outdated libarchive version.

• Fixed various bugs related to previous caused by lodepng by switching to libpng.

• Fixed race condition in icon scrolling.

• Fixed screen tearing in the QR reader.

• Fixed bug caused by playing music even when there was no theme preview.

• Fixed it being possible to try to preview themes/splashes even when there were no themes or splashes.

• Fixed bug caused by attempting to play audio when dspfirm wasn't dumped.

• Fixed bug caused by attempting to install BGM for shuffle themes even when there was none.

• Fixed various bugs caused by not properly zeroing out files when creating them.

• Properly update the installed splash.
Improvements:

• Huge improvements to the QR code reader's speed. This is likely the fastest/smoothest it can possibly be (it's now on-par with QRaken and FBI) thanks to a combination of improved multithreading and switching graphics libraries.

• Speaking of switching graphics libraries, we've completely switched from pp2d to citro2d! This allowed us to get the QR code reader substantially faster, as well as guarantees full support for the library in the future. Huge thanks to LiquidFenrir for doing most of the work of the change.

• Switch to using spritesheets to load the sprites rather than just loading them all into the romfs.

• Don't wait for audio to finish loading before displaying the preview image, making previews display in the snappy fashion they used to before the audio player.

• Improved banner quality. Thanks to @TurdPooCharger for this!
QR To Download:

Reactions: NFates

draginite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey y'all! I just set up Anemone on my O3DS XL because CHMM2 stopped working.

When I'm browsing my themes in Anemone, if I go down to a seemingly specific theme, my 3DS crashes. I've got some newly downloaded themes on here, as well as a bunch of old themes from 2015 I got from 3dsthem.es or whatever it was called.

I've got around 80 themes downloaded, and this seems to consistently happen when I press down on the d-pad and the 9th theme on the list is about to come into view.

That 9th theme is "Animal Crossing - Summertime by milky (298)"

I've tried looking through every forum discussion online about Anemone and haven't seen anyone discuss this kind of issue. Any help would be appreciated!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

draginite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ The theme in question:
@draginite, what happens if you remove that theme from your Themes folder? Does the 9th theme for whatever replacement theme crashes, too?

So I deleted the theme in question, and now the next 9th theme causes the system to crash as well.

EDIT: Wow, so a whole bunch of other stuff is causing the app to crash, as well.

If I load in and press up on the d-pad, it crashes. If I press the icon on he top right thats a rectangle with an arrow sticking to the right from its middle, it crashes. If I dont go down to the 9th theme, but just go up and down within the first 8 a bit, it crashes.

Last edited by draginite,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I deleted the theme in question, and now the next 9th theme causes the system to crash as well.

EDIT: Wow, so a whole bunch of other stuff is causing the app to crash, as well.

If I load in and press up on the d-pad, it crashes. If I press the icon on he top right thats a rectangle with an arrow sticking to the right from its middle, it crashes. If I dont go down to the 9th theme, but just go up and down within the first 8 a bit, it crashes.

Are you by any chance using Luma3DS v7.0.5 or older, aka "arm9loaderhax" (a9lh)?

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oooooooooookay. they sure were rude to that person. anyways ty. one of the reasons i hate asking a question when answer isn't found.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oooooooooookay. they sure were rude to that person. anyways ty. one of the reasons i hate asking a question when answer isn't found.
Actually that was not rude as a issues section is for issues not help with how to use the hombrew

astronautlevel

OP
Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Actually, no! I'm on Luma3DS v9.1 B9S, on official firmware 11.8
Which version of Anemone are you using? It should mention in the bottom left corner.

There's a beta that's currently out that isn't stable at all is why I ask.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I actually agree that the response was a bit unnecessarily hostile, however the issues section isn't for Q&A - that's more what this forum's job is. In order to install splashes, copy them into the /Splashes/ folder and then press L to switch to splashes mode. Select the splash you want and install it (buttons you need to press are on the top screen). Reboot into luma settings (press and hold select) and enable splashes in the Luma config.

draginite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version of Anemone are you using? It should mention in the bottom left corner.

There's a beta that's currently out that isn't stable at all is why I ask.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm using the current beta build, but I'll downgrade to the latest stable build and see if that works better for me. Thanks!

Reactions: astronautlevel

MightyJAK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a hard upper limit to how many themes you can have in the Themes folder? I have 8,252 themes (26.5GB). When launching Anemone 2.0.1 it gets stuck on "Loading themes, please wait..." for about 21 minutes (stuck-stuck, the clock in the upper left doesn't move, but updates once after about 18 minutes). When it gets unstuck, it tells me "No themes found". So how many themes do I have to cull for Anemone to see them?

On another note, I have 738 splashes and Anemone loads them all just fine.

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I created a theme and It doesn't work at all, it shows up perfectly fine in the theme editor, but when I try to install it, it says "Installing theme" and after one second the message goes aways, but theres no "tick" ✔ next to my theme, and when I take a look if it has been installed, nothing has changed, still the same theme...

#SAD

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I created a theme and It doesn't work at all, it shows up perfectly fine in the theme editor, but when I try to install it, it says "Installing theme" and after one second the message goes aways, but theres no "tick" ✔ next to my theme, and when I take a look if it has been installed, nothing has changed, still the same theme...

#SAD

Your bcstm is too large (needs to be 3,371,008 bytes or under in size). Reduce the size of the source file either by shortening it or reducing its bit rate.

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...